Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the optional c converter in place or just run the bike without it.....I am happy with the bikes performance and throttle response so i will not be getting a programmer or flash but i want to keep it running as good as it is so just curious if this will be better for it or is it just a cali thing???

·
Registered
111 Posts
I was wondering the same.... im assuming we all them in the stock exhaust? Im not really sure on emission regulations for bikes... not including california because im aware of the extra strict rules.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its to make the bike legal for emissions states that require it just found the answer myself the pipe is designed to bolt up to a stock bike and work fine...

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
As far as I know, bikes in general only need to be emissions tested at the factory before they get shipped out. After that its free-game. Even in California.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you like fire going out from your back, no need for a cat.con. It's for emissions, to catalyze the gas before going out.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Will this further eliminate exhaust popping?... What joint would it go in?... Header to mid or mid to can?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts