Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/QUOTspimds
Good to know thank you, looking forward to the sound clips.[/QUOTE]

From what I gathered from all of my research, hearing both exhausts separately I’d say the sound clips on Akra’s site are a great representation of the sound. They breakdown like this:

Carbon - Pros: Cheaper, lighter, more power, easier to install/uninstall the baffle if desired.

Carbon - Cons: if you lowside on the right, the muffler is going to have a bad time.

Ti - Pros: if you lowside in the right, you’re going to have a bad time but your exhaust won’t.

Ti - Cons: Removing the baffle definitely sucks, additional modification is required to reinstall properly, and it’s more expensive. (This is more subjective, but I personally don’t like that the exhaust baffle in is HARDLY louder than the stock exhaust.)

—————————
Sound:

Volume:
Baffles in: Carbon is louder, Ti is not much louder than stock.
Baffles out: TI is louder, Carbon still sounds fantastic.

Pitch:
Carbon: Higher pitched, but smooth.
TI: More bass and deeper, still smooth.

Personally, I really like the underbody design and had a hard time deciding between the two. The loopty-loop of the Carbon looks great though, and how can you not like carbon fiber?

Ultimately, I went with the Carbon for now. I found a used one in great condition and saved about $600-$700 than if I bought a new TI like I originally planned.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good to know thank you, looking forward to the sound clips.
From what I gathered from all of my research, hearing both exhausts separately I’d say the sound clips on Akra’s site are a great representation of the sound. They breakdown like this:

Carbon - Pros: Cheaper, lighter, more power, easier to install/uninstall the baffle if desired.

Carbon - Cons: if you lowside on the right, the muffler is going to have a bad time.

Ti - Pros: if you lowside in the right, you’re going to have a bad time but your exhaust won’t.

Ti - Cons: Removing the baffle definitely sucks, additional modification is required to reinstall properly, and it’s more expensive. (This is more subjective, but I personally don’t like that the exhaust baffle in is HARDLY louder than the stock exhaust.)

—————————
Sound:

Volume:
Baffles in: Carbon is louder, Ti is not much louder than stock.
Baffles out: TI is louder, Carbon still sounds fantastic.

Pitch:
Carbon: Higher pitched, but smooth.
TI: More bass and deeper, still smooth.

Personally, I really like the underbody design and had a hard time deciding between the two. The loopty-loop of the Carbon looks great though, and how can you not like carbon fiber?

Ultimately, I went with the Carbon for now. I found a used one in great condition and saved about $600-$700 than if I bought a new TI like I originally planned.

[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a killer deal, good job.

I couldn't agree with you more on your assessment, I went for the Titanium because its not as loud as the Carbon, I bought the MT09 in order to be comfortable and easy on the ears, but it is way too quiet for my taste in stock form, I already have a sports bike, so I didn't want to replicate that setup, the Titanium sounding slightly louder than stock fits the bill.

·
Registered
58 Posts
getting ready to purchase akrapovic for my bike since its up on stands for the winter,would appreciate input as to the differences,is one better than the other,pros and cons?titanium is roughly 300 beans more.thanks
Honestly do you think you will feel a 1-2hp difference on this bike? Buy the one you like the sound or look of the most. For me it was the Ti. The damn thing is so beautiful I almost wanted to hang it on the wall.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Honestly do you think you will feel a 1-2hp difference on this bike? Buy the one you like the sound or look of the most. For me it was the Ti. The damn thing is so beautiful I almost wanted to hang it on the wall.
100% this, I’d say to focus more on looks, sound and price.

I went with a used carbon, saved about $500 or so over buying the Titanium new like I planned. I like the look of the Ti, but the carbon is also pretty easy in the eyes and easier on the wallet.

·
Registered
160 Posts
How about the LexTek CP1 in the matte finish. Not 100% sure this is the exact one but should look almost identical something different and more reasonably priced.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I heard the Ti before without a baffle, sounded too loud. My Akra carbon without the baffle isn't as loud. On the freeway, wind noise can still take over the exhaust noise. Still can't get over how insanely good this thing sounds and looks...

81 - 86 of 86 Posts