Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Them black headers look super wicked but them chicken strips though......... KFC called, they said you forgot your BBQ sauce.;)

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
I'm so damn wishy/washy on exhaust! Convinced myself of keeping stock to the extent that I had David flash my ECU for the stock exhaust. I can get an Akra (or Yoshi) from my bro-in-law (Parts-Unlimited vendor) for less than internet prices I've seen but not by much. The way I'm looking at it, I have a 6 week window to decide as my tank is still off from ECU/air box snorkel cutting and my ECU can quickly be removed for a Akra flash. In all likelihood, it'd still run fine with the current flash as I'd likely keep the dB killer intact. Going to keep tank off when I install my SS brake lines as added brake fluid caution and not install till it's warmer. See? Wishy/washy :)
Run the present flash with stock exhaust for one season. Winter tends to repeat itself up here, so you'll need something to do again a year from now. The new exhaust could even be a 2016 Christmas present. I hate it when she asks what I want and all I can think of are socks :)

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Run the present flash with stock exhaust for one season. Winter tends to repeat itself up here, so you'll need something to do again a year from now. The new exhaust could even be a 2016 Christmas present. I hate it when she asks what I want and all I can think of are socks :)
Yeah .. I "should". If I do the exhaust, it'll in all likelihood be the Akra carbon, along with sending my ecu back to David for the Akra flash. Couldn't see an Akrapovic box under my Christmas tree in any year :)

·
Registered
673 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Not touchy, just pointing it out. I don't particularly like black ceramic. It's tungsten.

The rest of your comment has no meaning. What's wrong with my tires?
Tungsten eh ? Well it looks great.
Just teasing you about your strips, no biggy.

Also, your caliper bolts are nice, did you replace the poor quality factory bolts or polish them ?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Replaced them all with titanium
If you aren't too mad at me for teasing you, would you be so kind as to let us know where to purchase those bolts ?

Pro bolt. Never mind.

·
Registered
673 Posts
$70 USD for 4 bolts .......... I don't mind spending money but that is mental. I scrubbed the surface coating off of mine and soaked the heads in grease for a day while I had the front end off. Maybe I will just paint the heads black. Haha.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
41 - 60 of 86 Posts