Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting ready to purchase akrapovic for my bike since its up on stands for the winter,would appreciate input as to the differences,is one better than the other,pros and cons?titanium is roughly 300 beans more.thanks

·
Registered
673 Posts
Carbon is lighter and makes more power. Looks and sounds better too. Buy it.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I like the look of the Ti more but didn't want to spend an additional $300.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
+1 to DTM

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just purchased a akro ti from Dave. I chose that one for the looks and sound of it and also that its tucked away underneath and didn't stick out the side.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The ti imo looks better.....I am not worried about 1-2 hp difference....you think you will be able to tell the difference....What turned me away from the carbon was, its louder and has a hanger that just don't flow with the bike...just my 2 cents...Look at the install instructions very closely for both of them...

·
Registered
806 Posts
I think it comes down to looks for the ti can over performance. Some people like it doesn't stick out at all and I think that some don't like the carbon look either.
Me I chose the carbon for performance, less weight & it's
$300 less and that went to a flash from Dave & a O2 controller from Kev xtx.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I think it comes down to looks for the ti can over performance. Some people like it doesn't stick out at all and I think that some don't like the carbon look either.
Me I chose the carbon for performance, less weight & it's
$300 less and that went to a flash from Dave & a O2 controller from Kev xtx.
It's the smart thing to do unless you only buy stuff for the asthetics alone and you don't like CF.

Reactions: Dpak

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I would go with the TI myself... like it better and less of them on other bikes ! Do not like the Carbon at all .... But it's your bucks you need to decide ..If it's the 300 bills more just think if it is truly what U want and get it !!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I went with the carbon. I like both, but after looking at the TI for a few weeks it started to look more and more like my stock exhaust. Started asking myself...why am I changing it...plus for me the price pushed it over the "want" factor. Just installed the carbon tonight and it looks good. I won't start the bike until tomorrow...weather permitting.

Also, I ended up ordering from Amazon and used a couple hundred dollars of cash back credit, no tax, free shipping. Also, Dave's tune is for the carbon...not sure about the Ti.

·
Registered
990 Posts
The Ti without the dB killer sounds great and not too loud... the Carbon seems too loud for most people's taste without the dB killer (unless you're comparing it to the SC Project) but very nice with the dB killers installed... other than that, like everyone else mentioned.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I liked the look of the Ti but not enough to overcome the benefits of the carbon.

More power. Less weight. and the cost difference pays for your flash.

not sure if the Ti packing lasts longer than the carbon. that might be the only downside (if it's indeed true)

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I do like the more compact/under body look of the Ti, along with the collector design. This has me taking more of a peek at the Leo Vince Evo II.

·
Registered
462 Posts
If price was no concern, I prefer the look of the titanium one. Although I love carbon fiber generally, the carbon version of the exhaust doesn't blend as well with the bike as the ti version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 86 Posts