Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received an email from IndySuperbikes that my order has been completed. I got a tracking number! It'll arrive next week.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I ordered mine a few days Ago, they said about a month... Kicking myself for not doing it sooner.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I requested an update from motomummy, and they told me early july.. I hope its soon

·
Registered
192 Posts
Motomummy as of yesterday has it in their website, doesn't say out of stock any more, it's worth calling them before placing an order to know if they have them or not. I can't wait to order mine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is everybody yearning for the carbon akrapovic over the titanium version due to cost, hp/tq gains, lighter weight, looks, or some other reason? Has anyone heard the carbon version that can attest to its sound? Im not a loud exhaust kind of guy. I would prefer a little louder than factory, but with a deeper growl than stock. I ride without earplugs most of the time and some exhausts tend to be obnoxious and drone at certain RPMs, especially while on the freeway.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Is everybody yearning for the carbon akrapovic over the titanium version due to cost, hp/tq gains, lighter weight, looks, or some other reason? Has anyone heard the carbon version that can attest to its sound? Im not a loud exhaust kind of guy. I would prefer a little louder than factory, but with a deeper growl than stock. I ride without earplugs most of the time and some exhausts tend to be obnoxious and drone at certain RPMs, especially while on the freeway.
I want the carbon over the titanium because I don't like the way the titanium looks. And the carbon is cheaper. And its an Akrapovikc. Highest quality exhaust company I have heard of and seen. But since I didn't like the titanium look I almost decided on the Yoshimura but then I saw the carbon and was sold.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I put up a video clip of the Akro Carbon. Its in the Exhaust thread in the performance section.
Black, how tolerable is the sound of the carbon Akrapovic? Can you ride without earplugs? Or is it deafening? Stoltec has said the M4, Arrow, Two Brothers are all to too loud for his tastes, and based on how he portrayed his experience to me, I seem to have the same preferences. From what Ive read, the titanium akrapovic is supposed to be slightly louder than stock but still within reason. Have you heard the titanium version that you could compare your carbon too?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not a loud exhaust guy either. I want something that sounds better and louder (slightly) and flows better than stock. I prefer the look and cost of the carbon Akrapovic over the titanium.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Black, how tolerable is the sound of the carbon Akrapovic? Can you ride without earplugs? Or is it deafening? Stoltec has said the M4, Arrow, Two Brothers are all to too loud for his tastes, and based on how he portrayed his experience to me, I seem to have the same preferences. From what Ive read, the titanium akrapovic is supposed to be slightly louder than stock but still within reason. Have you heard the titanium version that you could compare your carbon too?
I remember him saying that those exhaust were too loud without the optional baffle.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hum, I'll ride around without my earplugs tomorrow and see what I think. Honestly, I have earplugs like headphones that I wear with every bike I have ever owned. I find the wind noise of 70mph to be brain melting, even with a quite helmet. More info tomorrow.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Well, i road around a little with nothing in my ears. The exhaust volume is pretty tolerable. This Akra is quieter than the system I was running before that I welded together. Probably cause of the loop. Seems as though it muffles the volume, but keeps the great sound quality. Does that make sense? Ha. I intentionally ran it up near redline and got up to about 70. If you put the insert in, I'm sure it would be pretty mellow.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks Blackclu. That's good to hear, no pun intended. I might just make my decision based on which one stoltec makes a tune for. So if anybody is near the northwest with this exhaust, hit up Nick and let him know. He needs volunteers.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts