Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I installed the Akrapovic Carbon today. The quality of the exhaust is awesome. I don't know how/why they sell this system at this price point. IMO, there's not a better exhaust for the price. I got mine for $717 shipped.

I will probably ride it with the baffle; however, it popped more with the baffle installed. I didn't notice the popping with or without the baffle while riding. I only rode around the block. I need to ride more before I decide to install the baffle.

My left mirror and smog block off plates are in the mail. I have three things remaining to complete the build: frame sliders, brake lines (already have them) and ECU reflash.

fz1.jpg
fz2.jpg
fz3.jpg
fz4.jpg
fz5.jpg

·
Registered
474 Posts
Nice sound man & good deal too ! I love the Akra's build quality and performance . I only wish their header kept with the lines of the bike..

Reactions: six5ride

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for the sound bytes and pictures. And your bike is looking good. Let me know how you plan to address the lean fuel conditions with the free flowing exhaust.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
what are you going to do about a adjusting fuel/air ratio?
I don't plan on doing anything about the A/F ratio at the moment. I just plan on getting the ECU reflashed. I may wait until someone has an Akrapovic fueling option. I was planning on using Stoltec, but I see they just raised their price. A $70 price jump (50%) is pretty drastic. I'll probably use Flash-Tune.

I rode without the baffle today for 20 miles. I'm going to install the baffle. It's a little too loud for me without the baffle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
And I noticed the price hike as well. Nick is supposed to be working on a tune for the akrapovic , unsure whether it's the titanium or carbon version. For the price of nicks basic reflash plus refuelling, you can get a pc-v and auto tune.

·
Registered
201 Posts
And I noticed the price hike as well. Nick is supposed to be working on a tune for the akrapovic , unsure whether it's the titanium or carbon version. For the price of nicks basic reflash plus refuelling, you can get a pc-v and auto tune.
but you wont get rid of the jerky throttle or engine braking with the pcv...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have no problem with the throttle response. For me it is not twitchy, nor is it a chore to ride in traffic with it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Flash-Tune offers the same service as Stoltec and that includes a "general" fuel map for full or slip on exhausts. They charge $200. Stoltec now charges $225 just to reflash the ECU without a fueling option.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Nice looking and sounding bike. I have the Akra Ti and I like the sound with the DBK in. Too loud without. What seat is that on your bike? Did you do it or have someone do it for you?

·
Registered
201 Posts
no matter how much i try, i just cant make myself like the look of this exhaust. i know that akra products are top notch, but i feel like they dropped the ball with the can. it would look a million times better with something like this:

18112226_lg.jpg

·
Registered
416 Posts
Did anybody notice a change in throttle response after installing the exhaust? I've read a few people say the touchy throttle is almost eliminated after installing an exhaust. True?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Did anybody notice a change in throttle response after installing the exhaust? I've read a few people say the touchy throttle is almost eliminated after installing an exhaust. True?
Only way that would be the case is if it decreased the power

·
Registered
221 Posts
I cant wait to get mine on tuesday! I will report back in. I plan on running it with no baffle and no earplugs

Reactions: FZ09Jeff

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looking good. I'd love to do that, but here in cali, it draws too much attention from the cops.
BTW, which bug screen is that? I like it.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts