Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every one,
So from the accident I had last month, the akrapovic CF canister got smashed, what's my alternatives aside from buying a whole new full exhaust since the headers are still intact and nothing happend to them. Can I buy a CF akrapovic slip on for R6 and fit it to my current headers, or does any one has an idea on what should I do instead of reinstalling the stock exhaust. Please advise

image.jpg

·
Registered
539 Posts
You can contact Akrapovic and get a replacement silencer, although it will probably cost you quite a bit.

Reactions: JustWantToRide

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
It might be worth checking and seeing if any of the online suppliers, or local suppliers can order you just a new silencer.

Or email Akrapovic directly and see what they suggest.

Akrapovi?

http://www.akrapovic.com/#!/company/contact-us

I can't see why you can't order in just a new can and not the whole system.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
or you could sell me the headers- my headers got damaged in my crash, but everything else is perfect.
replacement heades cost almost as much as a full system, so im looking for just the headers.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Bummer!

Most slip-on are 2" inlet. The Yosh R-55 would fit nice there and it has springs holding system too. Delkevic DS-70 come in SS or CF. If you buy the can/DBK/and exhaust clamp the can is about $180.00 If I remember well. Call Delkevic directly if you need to purchase... So you don't have to buy a whole kit with mid pipe.

·
Vendor
1,507 Posts
ive bought replacement sleeves before for an akro system

Im not sure who the us importer is anymore , but they should be able to get you a replacement canister sleeve. It used to be lockhart phillips

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
the rest of you are supposed to be saying " yeah, sell em to keef!"

ive got actually got a replacement parts diagram somewhere, ill see if i can find it and post it up for you.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
quiet in the peanut gallery!
if i cant fix my akra headers or get a cheap used set, i'm tempted to make a completly orignal akra slip on using the curly, loop the loop link pipe, can and the OEM headers.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just emailed akrapovic to see what's my best options, if all failed, I'll be willing to sell the headers to keef and install the stock exhaust again

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Does the headers outlet is damage? Hard to tell from the picture...

In last resort just ship me the headers and I can try to fix it for you. As far as slip-on goes, I can fit whatever... PM me if you have any questions.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I just emailed akrapovic to see what's my best options, if all failed, I'll be willing to sell the headers to keef and install the stock exhaust again
Pic's, pic's, pic's.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I found out that my canister and part of the headers that loops around and connect to the can is bent. I ordered the can, bracket and that looping part. All comes out to $584 shipped for free. Sorry keef, no headers for ya image.jpg

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Ha!
I bought a full scorpion system second hand. Not as flash or as light as the akra, but the scorpion can i have on my vfr800 fighter has a nice deep tone, so i'm hoping it sounds as good.
If anyone wants a completely one off Akra slip on, let me know.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hello every one,
So from the accident I had last month, the akrapovic CF canister got smashed, what's my alternatives aside from buying a whole new full exhaust since the headers are still intact and nothing happend to them. Can I buy a CF akrapovic slip on for R6 and fit it to my current headers, or does any one has an idea on what should I do instead of reinstalling the stock exhaust. Please advise

View attachment 13057

Same happened to me, i contacted Akrapovic and special ordered a new exhaust can for about 300 bucks.... The damage looks confined to the end, you probably could cut it shorter with a .045 cutting wheel and weld the good part to the reducing part and just make the can shorter, you might lose the carbon fiber wrap if you can't refit that, so you might want to ceramic paint the whole thing black.

sounds like a fun little project.

Kaiser

1 - 20 of 24 Posts