Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After 3 days working on it after work and got it mapped yesterday through my laptop uploading it from dynojet site using the Akra with insert on and stock air filter, i rode today and it feels great to me, with the research ive done in here, i have a question about the RPMs , my idle is at 1000-1100rpms, once i rev it up to 8500~9500rpms thats when the backfire spitsoit flames, is this normal, can i have someones input please, ...

I am at 530miles with this bike and will be changing the oild at 600miles most likely this weekend

other than that, im taking it dynotuned this weekend for 225$ is this worth it?if the bike is running right the way the setup is right now , should i still get it dynotuned?

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
After 3 days working on it after work and got it mapped yesterday through my laptop uploading it from dynojet site using the Akra with insert on and stock air filter, i rode today and it feels great to me, with the research ive done in here, i have a question about the RPMs , my idle is at 1000-1100rpms, once i rev it up to 8500~9500rpms thats when the backfire spitsoit flames, is this normal, can i have someones input please, ...

I am at 5530miles with this bike and will be changing the oild at 600miles most likely this weekend

other than that, im taking it dynotuned this weekend for 225$ is this worth it?if the bike is running right the way the setup is right now , should i still get it dynotuned?
If I remember, plug the AIS valve /use block off plates? I think that might solve the "problem" with backfiring/popping. Someone else could probably chime in with more technical knowledge...

Otherwise, your bike looks awesome, good work!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I remember, plug the AIS valve /use block off plates? I think that might solve the "problem" with backfiring/popping. Someone else could probably chime in with more technical knowledge...

Otherwise, your bike looks awesome, good work!!
Thanks

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yes, if you plug the hose on the left hand side of the air box, that will solve this... Im installing that this weekend... Im actually using the graves map since i have the akra carbon and the akra titanium is obly map pcv has... I figure i needed the same id of headers straight out of the bike as the titanium is kinda a sexier looking stock exhaust with shape. Block off plates will allow you to remove ais completely and bloabk off location and remove the hose as well... Primary solution is plugging that side of box though i believe.

If you install o2 optimizer and mount ot in a clean fashion.. Snap a photo for me, im having trouble tying that in and making it look clean on the bike.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, if you plug the hose on the left hand side of the air box, that will solve this... Im installing that this weekend... Im actually using the graves map since i have the akra carbon and the akra titanium is obly map pcv has... I figure i needed the same id of headers straight out of the bike as the titanium is kinda a sexier looking stock exhaust with shape. Block off plates will allow you to remove ais completely and bloabk off location and remove the hose as well... Primary solution is plugging that side of box though i believe.

If you install o2 optimizer and mount ot in a clean fashion.. Snap a photo for me, im having trouble tying that in and making it look clean on the bike.
The hose on the left side of the airbox is connected.

And ill take a snap pic of the pc5 and o2 optimizer for you on how i did it lol, after work

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Does anybody know if the Akra TI O2 sensor port needs modification, when installing the PCV?
(I'll be running both the PCV and AT.)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Does anybody know if the Akra TI O2 sensor port needs modification, when installing the PCV?
(I'll be running both the PCV and AT.)
I'm not sure I understand this question?
I prefer to have it in...
Makes sense! I have mine out, and PCV/block offs installed with DBK removed. Used dynojets "akra full exhaust system with insert removed and stock air filter" and I have no flames, and very very little popping (I sometimes hear a little popping when I'm decelerating and hit 4k rpms, I think it has to do with my CCT). Flames would be cool though Lol.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I'm not sure I understand this question?
I've heard that the stock sized port (on the Akra TI) will not work with the PCV/AT setup. The port is the wrong size for the AT (O2 sensor). Not sure if this is true.
Anybody?
Cable Electronic device Technology Electronics accessory Wire

·
Registered
619 Posts
The hose on the left side of the airbox is connected.
Plugged as in stopped up, not connected. By plugging the hose, it will stop air from being injected into the exhaust. A reflash shuts down the AIR system also, as does installing block off plates. Any of those 3 methods should work.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just got back from lunch, took it out riding, im in so. Cal weather is kindly warm not humid no more, and i was feeling, looking for symptons as i was riding, all 3 modes, no popping sounds backfires at all once i was getting it up there high rpms with all the gears, ...its just when im on park and reving it, thats when the backfire spits out flame at 8500~9500rpms... other than that the ride is awesome, not feeling rich or lean whatsoever, its smooth riding with the deep deep sound of the Akra

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Plugged as in stopped up, not connected. By plugging the hose, it will stop air from being injected into the exhaust. A reflash shuts down the AIR system also, as does installing block off plates. Any of those 3 methods should work.
Ahh got it, thanks, this is great information, :) as far as reflash, its not my cuo of tea, ill do the block off plates

·
Registered
520 Posts
Im glad you noticed what he meant because i was a little confused when he said it was plugged and atill doing it... Yes, you need to plug it as in stop air from going in... The fz09 had a cat, so it has an ais system which pumps excessive air into exhaust, if you eliminate this with block off plates and plug (more so the plug if you dont want to pull the ais out) or get a reflash to just turn the system off. You will be a happy camper and it will sound better.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Thats odd, never heard that one before. Sucks if it's true! Good luck!
Yeah, it is what it is. The bike is worth it. The work (PCV/AT/additional port welded in) is scheduled for next week.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts