Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry forum I know there are tons of threads on exhaust install. But as I look around for something specific I like seeing multiple views/ opinions and images so I hope this helps even one person make an informed decision one way or another. Installed full akra and as always the product is top notch. A couple of thoughts on it...

1. Install without removing radiator was super nice
2. total install time was less than 1 hour and that's taking my time
3. still can access oil filter easily (unlike some of my other bikes with aftermarket)
4. bought new exhaust gaskets but after inspection of originals there really was no need
5. all the youtube videos on the web don't do the exhaust sound justice
6. removed the db killer and I am pumped to get it out on the road and hear it sing
7. bummer my lower belly pan appears to not fit (maybe work on that soon)
8. flash or pc is next (still deciding)

gaskets.jpg head.jpg

·
Registered
87 Posts
It looks like it's tucked up under there really nicely, most of the other pics I've seen make it look very sharp as it bends towards the rear. Nice job, thanks for the photos.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I agree with everything you said but I still would have replaced my gaskets doe.... I got the full system and hands down it was super easy to install =)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree with everything you said but I still would have replaced my gaskets doe.... I got the full system and hands down it was super easy to install =)
Oh I agree with your agree ;) Sorry was not real clear. I did change the gaskets. Was just saying It was not needed I don't think. I always do that when swapping out exhaust but the "used" stock were in great shape.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Added pc and testing new decals. Decals may stay as they match the frame. Not sure may try orange.

rightd.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am having trouble installing mine. How do you install that mid pipe with the clip? do you have a picture? Does the clip go in front or behind the spot where it mounts?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am having trouble installing mine. How do you install that mid pipe with the clip? do you have a picture? Does the clip go in front or behind the spot where it mounts?
I had the same problem. The clip goes behind the spot where it mounts, if you put it in front it will throw off the angle for the final piece.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts