Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Okay, I eat my words. Dan is the man. He was holding back a set for me, knowing that I was the first one to perk up. I have assured him that I will do a complete DYI and R&D evaluation complete with videos and pictures. Cartridges were my last holdout. As most of you know, I am the first to jump on modifications to make the bike comparable to the Superbikes that I am accustomed to riding. I will be dialing in my PCV with Auto Tune the same time I am looking for a baseline fork setup. I am so excited.
Doug you are just like me. I think it's bad news and start to piss, complain, and whine. Then I find out later I was pissin, complaining, and whining for nothing!

Just like Fred used to call Lamont: "Not even a cool dummy." Lol.

·
Registered
133 Posts
That's gonna be an expensive case of stupid. Once you factor sales tax, the crappy TV is probably cheaper online...I guess some folks haven't discovered shopping online.
Dan, you and I had very informative conversation about these carts a few weeks ago. Left a VM @ your office:cool:
That's nucking futs , right there. :sad5:

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I love me some Red Foxx: "You hear that, Elizabeth? I'm coming to join ya, honey!"
I have the entire series on DVD.

When I am feeling down I just watch an episode or two and cheer right up.

"Ester I could put some tracing paper on yo head and draw me a moose face."

Good thing they made that series 40 years ago cuz the PC police would not allow it today.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Care package arrived. I realized my Fork Rod Tool only works on Showa Suspension so I had to order another one for the KYB rod. It will have to wait for a week.

20140513_190333-picsay.jpg

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Just got mine today.. Giggity!!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Cartridges - check
Springs - Check
Buffer tube - check
Fork Caps - Check
Fork Fluid - Check
Spring Compression tool - check
Installation T-Shirt - Check
state of the art billet beer bottle opener - Check
state of the art billet beer bottle opener backup - Check
12-pack of Stella's - Check
Quiet afternoon - not here yet

I think I'm gonna test out the beer openers first, I have a feeling they open a bottle pretty quick.

Many thanks again to Dan!! Now we wait for the Penske to arrive.

·
Registered
601 Posts
That's bullshit (Wisconsin: Oh Geez). I have been waiting for months, and have have to eat dinner with the in-laws only to find this out the next day. How about a group buy at a decent price.

Isn't eating with the in-laws punishment enough?
I've been waiting since July 23rd (2013) when I first inquired with Traxxion about the AK-20s for the FZ-09.

Guess I missed out.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Well, mine are sitting in the box. I don't want to wrassle with them until I get a KYB compatible rod holder in because KYB uses thread locker on the bottom bolt of the cartridges unlike Showa.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Cartridges - check
Springs - Check
Buffer tube - check
Fork Caps - Check
Fork Fluid - Check
Spring Compression tool - check
Installation T-Shirt - Check
state of the art billet beer bottle opener - Check
state of the art billet beer bottle opener backup - Check
12-pack of Stella's - Check
Quiet afternoon - not here yet

I think I'm gonna test out the beer openers first, I have a feeling they open a bottle pretty quick.

Many thanks again to Dan!! Now we wait for the Penske to arrive.

So those cool looking tools are bottle openers. I was wondering what they were.

Highly tuned church keys. Imagine that!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I didn't get the bottle opener thing at first, either. They looked like helmet d-ring extenders to me.

Hey Doug are you still planning do do a video of your install?

I did the forks on my FZ1 which were pretty easy. I have not done any up side down forks yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine are installed.....Just gotta wait for a break in the weather for their maiden voyage. Should be tomorrow after work!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Question,

Did you have an issue removing the old cartridges? Did you buy the kyb cartridge tool? We're they torqued by King Kong?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Should have clarified....My buddy works at a shop and is a Moto-wizard. He did the work on the side for me. For $100, I basically screamed at him to TAKE MY MONEY!

Will be picking up today.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts