Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parabellum.com now has windshields available for the FZ09. Fascinating website as well with the owner's history with Vetter.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Spam spam spam

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
It isn't spam.....she is a legit FZ09 owner. Did you ever think that maybe the website in her reference just hasn't added the info yet about the FZ windscreen?

Reactions: DNFDOUG

·
Registered
206 Posts
wow....how to wreck the look of a perfectly good bike. If I wanted to ride around with a barn door stuck to the front of my bike, I would have bought a gold wing.

·
Registered
354 Posts
It isn't spam.....she is a legit FZ09 owner. Did you ever think that maybe the website in her reference just hasn't added the info yet about the FZ windscreen?
You are correct i am sorry i was wrong. Even though it is not for me i am glad at least someone is trying. But it would have been nice for a direct link to the pictures or at least till they had some on the site so i did not waste my time looking for something that was not their.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The orders will be rolling in!
Seriously, that gives me an idea....
a buddy of mine bought a cbx recently (his 5 or something like that...)
It came with a sweet vetter fairing, complete with 8 track player...
I should do a project and retrofit it on the fz:blob9:

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
You are correct i am sorry i was wrong. Even though it is not for me i am glad at least someone is trying. But it would have been nice for a direct link to the pictures or at least till they had some on the site so i did not waste my time looking for something that was not their.
Roger, it's all good.......I just didn't want folks to jump to conclusions without having the facts. Since I don't do Facebook, I probably wouldn't have discovered it either, but the O.P. and I have exchanged several emails about the FZ and they did in fact buy one ....maybe a month or so ago. I guess the bottom line is that something that may appeal to me, you or someone else may not like and vice versa. Anyway...like I said, it's all good. :eek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
You guys must be short because I can't ride a naked comfortably without at least a small fly screen to keep the wind off my chest? I am 6'6", mostly above the waist.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
You guys must be short because I can't ride a naked comfortably without at least a small fly screen to keep the wind off my chest? I am 6'6", mostly above the waist.
Uhh, no, we're not short, we're average height....5' 11"- 6'........You are above average my friend. :cool:

·
Registered
616 Posts
I don't write in to forums very often but, I feel strongly about this. Everybody's got opinions, I realize that. Maybe some people set their bikes up for different purposes. Many people ride year round, or commute, and this may be perfect for them and their intended purpose. This may make all the difference for them as to whether they can continue to ride in the winter months. Many come from a background where function is more important to them than form. What may not work for you, may be just the ticket for someone else. I'm a retired US Marine, and am 90% disabled. Just being able to ride is a blessing for me. I bought this bike for its' lightweight over my BMW. I'm sorry for you if you believe we all must strive for the same look.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I prefer to keep the bike naked, but it's good to have a variety of quality shields available for the 09, everything thing from tiny fly to touring that puts the air flow over your helmet.

I'd say what is comfortable for the rider is only slightly related to height. I'm 5'11. Weather, miles per day, speed, posture, riding gear all make a difference.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I want something small that looks good. It's too naked without something to at least cover the back of the instruments.

Reactions: Roger and marthy

·
Registered
418 Posts
Looks like a riot shield! No thank you sir. I for one don't need a windshield to block any and all water/wind. I think most FZ09 owners will be in the same boat. I don't plan on riding in the rain, but get caught in it from time to time. And I don't need all the wind blocked either. My Zero Gravity double bubble on my R1 does a pretty OK job at it and it's pretty small. I just want the bugs kept out of the controls on the FZ and I will be fine.

Reactions: DNFDOUG and Niner

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Is it just me or has triple threat been laying down the law lately? Not saying anything is wrong with it at all but damn. Super Moderator by name and reputation.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The way it is now, the wind blast at 75 mph acts as an automatic governor. Much above that and the force makes all my previous injuries start hurting as well as trying to lift my helmet. The small screen on my FZ6R deflects enough air for me to reach 134 mph (by the speedo) without much problem. I am looking forward to a similar screen to be available for the FZ09.
Ed

1 - 20 of 39 Posts