Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a little over 1200 miles this summer on my 2019 XSR900 i've realized the stock seat will need to be upgraded.
I inevitably knew this would happen someday as the stock seat is not very comfortable. There doesn't seem to be many options for our XSR's,
at least in the U.S. anyway. Corbin makes a couple seats and there is the Yamaha comfort seat.

I have a Sargent on my FJ-09 that i really like but they don't offer a seat for the XSR. I had a Saddlemen gel seat on my Buell 1125R that i loved but they don't offer one for the XSR either. Sargent responded to my e-mail and said they have a custom seat program if i want to send in my stock seat to be modified. That could be a possibility since riding season is winding down soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw that seat and i really like it, looks like it has a built in cowl. However i run a small tail bag on my bike so it wouldn't work for me. The Corbin Gunfighter/lady seat is so thick it looks like a damn couch. Seems as though it would jack the riding height up a couple inches.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Seat Concepts is the way to go IMO. I bought one for my FZ and I am shocked at how nice it feels everytime I ride. It was the best upgrade I've made. I've even ridden all day long non-stop a couple of times and I never once had soreness or been annoyed by the seat. I highly recommend the brand. I got a gripper cover just to try it. At first I wasn't so sure about it but then after a few rides it really is nice since the torque from these bikes pushes you back in the seat. It really helps with the control when you start throwing the bike around.

I have a couple of dual sport seats that I'm going to send them next. I love their foam, they really nailed it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that great info. I've heard of Seat Concepts but i thought it was more of a "DIY" upgrade. Like you order the foam/cover and replace it yourself with your existing seat pan. Anyhow i looked on their website and they do not have a listing for the XSR. I will drop them an email later.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK so Seat concepts emailed me back and said they have a seat kit available for a 2018 XSR900. Basically just a catalog glitch i guess because we all know that parts on the XSR900 are the same from 2016-2019. This occasionally happens on Revzilla also. I have to enter 2018 XSR900 to find parts for my 2019.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good day, new to the XSR world bought my bike 3 weeks ago great bike very happy. Been riding a lot and man that seat is very uncomfortable! That seat concept is do it yourself or can you mail them the seat and they'll install for you? If you did buy it can you upload a picture please... ✌to Riders

·
Registered
51 Posts
Good day, new to the XSR world bought my bike 3 weeks ago great bike very happy. Been riding a lot and man that seat is very uncomfortable! That seat concept is do it yourself or can you mail them the seat and they'll install for you? If you did buy it can you upload a picture please... ✌to Riders
Strange you say that. Bought mine about a month ago, did 800km in the first week and never once felt like the seat was uncomfortable.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Would love to see what Sargeant does for a custom if you send them the stocker. I kept the stocker and bought the Yamaha comfort seat (which is cool looking, but not all that comfortable either). Anyone go that route and can post a pic?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I saw that seat and i really like it, looks like it has a built in cowl. However i run a small tail bag on my bike so it wouldn't work for me. The Corbin Gunfighter/lady seat is so thick it looks like a damn couch. Seems as though it would jack the riding height up a couple inches.
"Gunfighter/Lady"

Jesus.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Before you do anything else do the seatpan mod. Big difference.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi, not sure you need to look any further than the Yamaha after market seat. I spent 2 years on the OEM then bought the Ultra-Suede Custom Seat. The seat looks amazing on the bike especially the 60th ann. The Ultra-Suede Custom Seat is very comfy compared to the OEM. In my opinion I wish i hadn't waited 2 years to get the upgraded seat.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts