Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. I have installed a cf looking belly pan on my fz 09 and was wondering if anyone else has been scrapping the thing on the ground while riding. Also I'm worried when i buy an exhaust i will have to cut the pan as it attaches to the exhaust bracket at the very back. Let me know what you think will post pictures Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Wheel Auto part Rim

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
You will also find that most aftermarket exhaust headers, do not follow the same shape as the stock, so they will probably not fit inside the belly pan in the front either...

The only company that I KNOW has a belly pan that fits the Akra for instance, is PUIG

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have the same belly pan this is what I fabricated to keep it from shaking around on the end and I have Arrow exhaust and it cleared fine. And no scraping add of yet.

The last image is the mock up then the cardboard one then the real one at the end.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the turns both right and left I'm scraping the pan on the ground bad. Since then i have taken a dremmel and trimmed almost 2inches off the bottom of the thing and I'm still touching the ground with it. At this point I'm considering a new pan or no pan due to some pretty hard riding lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know... But i like it lol. In person it looks great. The rtsb said he has the same one but never clarified if he was dragging it. It's gonna have to change i suppose lol

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Aren't any of you considering the SW-Motech skid plate? Even if it touches the ground, you have some comfort in knowing that it will protect the oil pan.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Do you have stock or aftermarket suspension.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I know... But i like it lol. In person it looks great. The rtsb said he has the same one but never clarified if he was dragging it. It's gonna have to change i suppose lol
If your dragging that belly pan then your leaning that baby over more than I want wow.I've never had that issue .

·
Registered
857 Posts
I have ordered the SE-Motech pan, backorder, I will report when I get it, any other users on the forum?

Albert

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have ordered the SE-Motech pan, backorder, I will report when I get it, any other users on the forum?

Albert
I got it last month- works fine so far- never had to use it. Hasn't dragged on the ground either.
Hearing gravel hit it kind of surprised me one day but all was fine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would like the PUIG too, looks nice but does it provide any protection or is it just cosmetic? The SE-Motech seems solid as well...

·
Registered
857 Posts
Aren't any of you considering the SW-Motech skid plate? Even if it touches the ground, you have some comfort in knowing that it will protect the oil pan.

Mine will be here today, I will report later.

·
Registered
98 Posts
here's the SW-motech in place so far no contact even off-road tho I have had rock hits from rocks thrown by the front wheel, I did drill a hole
in the bottom for easier oil plug access and my sump is armored (3/8" alum plate welded to bottom with recessed hole for low profile drain plug) Auto part Vehicle Motor vehicle Engine Motorcycle Bumper Automotive exterior Rim Auto part Automotive wheel system .
Ohlins suspension seems to help keep the clearance good

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
The Pyramid Plastic versions seems to be a good fit, from the photos that is. Not sure if any members have this one installed, so they can comment on ground clearance?

https://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/...s+Black+Belly+Pan+/+Spoiler&partNumber=22132B

View attachment 12709
I recently installed the Pyramid belly pan. Rode with it for a week. I drag it on the on ramp new my house and around a couple of easy corners in my neighborhood. I pulled it off last night to look at it more closely. I think it is too wide and too low so I am going to see if I can make new mounts to pull it in and up a little bit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts