Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone suggest some possible replacement bars with minimal rise and preferably anodized or powder coated?

·
Registered
233 Posts
From my perspective, I think it's going to be tough to get something lower than the Rizoma 08 bar without running in to tank clearance problems. Another forum member (might have been the other forum) hunted down a clubman style bar made for Buell. I was going to go that route, but the riding position seemed more leaned forward than my neck would tolerate. I tried a Renthal Fatbar 828 bar which is lower, but is also a bit wider and something with the combination didn't agree with my wrists so off they came. I have the Rizoma in transit and expect to have it installed this weekend.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I put some metal Mulisha bars on mine...they work great.

image.jpg image.jpg

Deegan SX high

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So motocross bars will work? What I want are bars that look as close as possible to the blurple wheel color.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Would be very inexpensive to get any of them powder coated.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Powder coating is nice but my first choice would be a saturated anodized blue.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Pretty sure the wheels on the 09 are painted. But I'm sure you could anodize them too for not much...just gotta find a shop to do it.

I don't think it would be an issue Bob because you take off the original powder coat/paint first then add it back on in your preferred color

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can anyone tell me what is the diameter of the bars where clamps are?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I found these bars and they seem like a good fit and a pretty close match to the blurple rims. They're the Solid bars by Zeta.
image.jpg

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good to know :cool:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Am I the only one that misread the title as: " Afterhours Bars " . :cool:

Reactions: zloikish and v2Bob

·