Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Annnnnnnd that's why I ask here before compulsively buying things haha.... Didn't even think about that. Thanks! I'm sure I could fab something up, but oem fit and finish is nice.

·
Registered
651 Posts
The 09 lower bar clamps are part of the top fork yoke casting.You would need to replace the top yoke to use the clamps you linked to.

You could use the type shown below as long as the mounting holes and angle suited the 09 lower clamp.

phpucbdOw.jpg phpXgEVh6.jpg

btw how "tweaked" did your ones get?The top yoke is a solid casting.Are you sure it is not just the forks are twisted in the yokes?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
The 09 lower bar clamps are part of the top fork yoke casting.You would need to replace the top yoke to use the clamps you linked to. ...
Nope, the lower bar clamps bolt to the top yoke (top triple clamp), but the finish is the same and tends to look like one piece unless you look close, also you can see/feel the nuts on the bottom of the top yoke.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Claurence42, I haven't done a write-up on it yet but if you check out this link there are some photos of how I relocated my speedo, that might give you some ideas. Also, a number of riders on the forum have the GPR steering stabilizer, it comes with bar clamps to give enough room for the stabilizer, maybe one of those riders will make you a deal on the original bar clamps.

http://www.fz09.org/forum/members/161-albums113.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts