Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just picked my MT09 up, it's my first bike (other than LAMS) and looking to get some after market parts (eg. Fender eliminator, radiator guard and what not). Just wondering where others have gotten parts, what sites, whether over seas or local and how pricing compares?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey mate. I'm in Adelaide and I've chucked a fair few mods at my "wife's" MT ;)

The prices on ebay and in US stores are way cheaper than in Australia, having said that I have bought some parts locally.

The Titanium Akrapovic exhaust I got through my mate at the dealer.

Graves fender eliminator, Ohlins fork internals & shock, Stompgrips, Lightech chain adjusters, FP brake and clutch levers and Driven smog block off plates, I bought from Super Bike Supply - Your source for sportbike parts and accessories geared for racing and street bikes and their owners. : - . Even if the parts you're after aren't listed on their site, ask Brad and he'll see if he can get them. Best priced site in the US.

Rizoma tailight and handlebars I got from Bikebiz - New & used motorcycles and parts & accessories

I got a full crash protection set... 2 different frame sliders, front and rear axle protectors, from www.oesaccessories

I got a screen, solo seat cowl and radiator shrouds from pyramidplastics.co.uk

I bought a Power Commander V and an O2 controller from members of this forum.

And on either Aus, US or UK ebay I got Hel braided lines, Renthal medium grips, SP Performance bar end mirrors, Black rim stripe tape, LED numberplate bolts/lights and 90 degree tyre valves.

Oh...and I made a rad guard and some intake grilles from a sheet of perforated aluminium that I bought from customcargrills.com - Custom Car and Truck Grills - Mesh Grill Sheets and More!

That ought to keep you busy! :thumbsup:

Note* I don't recommend the Graves tail tidy. If you can stretch your budget a bit, go for R&G, the cheapest place is to buy direct from www.r&gracing.co.uk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh man you are a champion! thanks for all the info. i guess i better get to it, and start prepping the bank account for some incoming hurt haha
sounds like your wife has a pretty nice ride ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts