Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Looking for some help…….not sure if I’m missing something blindingly obvious 😝

I have a 2022 MT-09 SP. I’ve just bought a set of Oxford Hot grips for the winter.

However when I’ve gone to fit them tonight, they wont fit. The new MT-09 doesn’t seem to have a throttle tube??! - it’s got a rotating plastic assembly that the throttle grip fits into, inside the switch assembly on the throttle side. The Oxford grips don’t have the attachment that fits into the assembly, and because there is no throttle tube, the grips are way too big in diameter.

Ive added some pics below that hopefully make better sense.

Am I being stupid or something, or is the new MT-09 restricted to using only OEM Yamaha heated grips (with the correct throttle grip attachment)?? From the reviews I’ve read, I’d rather not pay double the price, and wind up with heated grips that aren't as good.

Thanks in advance

Gareth.

Automotive tire Gas Wheel Tire Rim

Automotive tire Blue Bicycle part Rim Bicycle chain

Bicycle Bicycle tire Automotive tire Crankset Light

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
D’oh!!! 🤦‍♂️

So it turns out I AM being MASSIVELY stupid 😆😆😆

I should’ve realised that……

I’ll go remove the glued grip off the ‘throttle tube‘ and start again, with my brain engaged this time 😉

Not my first bike I’m embarrassed to say, but the first time I’ve fitted any heated grips (or grips) to one (that’s my excuse anyway, and I’m sticking to it)

Thanks for pointing out the obvious to me!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man. Appreciate it! I’m sharp as a beach ball on a good day, so this evening - even I surprised myself with that one………😉

Ive got a quad lock phone mount with a wired USB that I’ve installed, I‘m probably gonna run the wires under the tank with that anyway, so while it’s up, rather than soldering up new connectors, I’ll just run the wires under the tank too. I don’t mind the Oxford controller, as I find the screen scroll wheel a bit of a faff to use with gloves.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ve seen the connectors in behind the headlight cover. Does anyone know where to get the grey 2 pin Yamaha connectors from, I’ve had a look online and eBay and can’t find anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts