Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right spot to ask this and I know there’s already plenty of threads about handlebars. How ever I still have some confusion so I was hoping maybe Simone could clear it up for me. I looking to swap out the stock handle bars on my 2015 fz09 and am having trouble finding the right bars. I feel as if there aren’t a lot of options but maybe I’m just not looking in the right place? To give y’all an idea of what I’m looking for, I’m 6’3 and want bars that stand a little taller for me with not too much sweep back. Ive looked at the Rizoma bars but they all look like they have a lot of sweep and aren’t very tall. Also I’d like to note that I’m looking for gold or blue bars so pro taper is out of the equation because they really don’t offer many colors. Any suggestions on any other bars?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not sure if this is the right spot to ask this and I know there’s already plenty of threads about handlebars. How ever I still have some confusion so I was hoping maybe Simone could clear it up for me. I looking to swap out the stock handle bars on my 2015 fz09 and am having trouble finding the right bars. I feel as if there aren’t a lot of options but maybe I’m just not looking in the right place? To give y’all an idea of what I’m looking for, I’m 6’3 and want bars that stand a little taller for me with not too much sweep back. Ive looked at the Rizoma bars but they all look like they have a lot of sweep and aren’t very tall. Also I’d like to note that I’m looking for gold or blue bars so pro taper is out of the equation because they really don’t offer many colors. Any suggestions on any other bars?
Have you looked into just replacing the risers?

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Pro taper offers them in black and as @UnicornFZ mentioned, look at risers.
How are the foot pegs geometry?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I’m not sure what u mean by the geometry of them, I’m new to the bike lingo I guess. They’re the stock foot pegs if that helps
How many bikes did you have before this?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Had a super moto before this and only rode dirtbikes. This is my first legit sports bike
I would say take the MSF course then. It will save you more than you realize. And rider geometry refers to the rider ergonomics as far as how far the pegs are from seat to knees and handle bars...etc. Its “lingo” for ergonomics

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would say take the MSF course then. It will save you more than you realize. And rider geometry refers to the rider ergonomics as far as how far the pegs are from seat to knees and handle bars...etc. Its “lingo” for ergonomics
I have taken the msf course👍

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I am 6'2ish, and loved the henry/reed bend on my 2014.
Currently have renthal streetfighters on my 2017, not sure if they are as good for me as the h/r bend.
I also have the pegs up and back a bit, feels a lot like my old ktm 640SM.

Look up the grout sponge mod, it helps flatten the seat so its more motard like.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am 6'2ish, and loved the henry/reed bend on my 2014.
Currently have renthal streetfighters on my 2017, not sure if they are as good for me as the h/r bend.
I also have the pegs up and back a bit, feels a lot like my old ktm 640SM.

Look up the grout sponge mod, it helps flatten the seat so its more motard like.
Awesome thank you🤙

1 - 13 of 13 Posts