Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a pair of mid weight gloves (mainly for spring and fall riding) that don't need to be waterproof--just a little warmer than my lightweight summer gloves. When I've been out on the 09 with the bulky fall gloves I have now, I just can't find the turn signal (I find the horn a lot though--real smooth). I've been looking at the Aerostitch Elkskin Roper gloves--they get good reviews but I don't know anyone who has them--anyone here? How do they feel? Like them?
Personal protective equipment Glove Yellow Sports gear Safety glove

·
Super Moderator
4,424 Posts
They look so bulky.

The Aerostitch are likely as nice as these:

Gloves - Lee Parks Design

I borrowed a pair of the Lee Parks DeerSports for a weekend and they were super comfortable.
I have no reason to believe their DeerTours would be any less so

·
Registered
730 Posts
Love mine.... use them all year. Had them 8+yrs.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I got both for Christmas.

The Lee Parks gloves fit great and offer great tactile feel. The Aerostich Elk Ropers are buttery smooth but thicker. I will use the ropers for Adventure Touring and the Lee Parks for Sport Touring. If I was breaking my fall at 40 mph on a gravel road the ropers would provide much more palm protection. At higher speeds on smooth pavement I would want the gauntlet protection for my wrists the Lee Parks provides.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I haven't tried a set of those gloves, but I do have something similar. For cooler riding weather I find these work great and they are not to bulky for the controls, no accidental horn hits.

Joe Rocket Nitrogen Gloves - RevZilla

I find they work great at blocking out the wind, and don't find the need for heated grips.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I have tons of gloves and prefer my Revit Windstopper gloves for fall and spring duty. They are fine until about 35°F, and I am able to use them on my GPS touch screens.
Glove Safety glove Personal protective equipment Bicycle glove Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info--I ended up ordering the regular Aerostitch Elkskin ropers. It turns out that the image at the top of the thread is the 'competition' version and is quite a bit thicker than the regular. Now if it will just stop snowing...

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I don't usually ride when its cold. Yea I know I am a light weight.

And since I have small hands the bulkier gloves just don't work for me.

Been using batting gloves. Light weight and thin, providing great tactile feel on da grips.

Plus the red and black match the bike. Wow a color coordinated old fart. Makes me look like Mommy dressed me for the ride.

Lol ;)

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...8621&catargetid=120138600001586809&cadevice=c

1 - 10 of 10 Posts