Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently ride a 700 Yamaha Maxim and I'm only a couple weeks away from buying a FZ-09. I need some input on what the FZ-09 is truly like, in comparison to what I ride. I have been told to expect %100 more power in comparison, and power wheelie when I want to up to 3rd gear at least. Is this information correct?

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Lots and lots of threads covering this subject. Try doing a search on here and you'll probably be overwhelmed with results. Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting an FZ.....soon.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Do it!

·
Registered
137 Posts
coming from an old FZR600 and an r6 I love this bike! cant wait to get more miles on...tons of info on this site! and alot of knowledgeable people willing to share that info!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I had a 650 maxim as my 1st bike....I really enjoyed it. The FZ is going to be very different, more than twice as fast, handling is way better...the FZ is a superior machine....however the maxim was a bit more comfortable.
Good luck, nice choice of bikes!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Comfort wise, you may be disappointed in the seat in comparison to the Maxim. Comparatively, everything performance wise will inspire and amaze you... truly! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts