Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about putting a projector HID in my FZ. My wifes car has them and the light is incredible. My only issue is when they are on and its daylight they arent as visible as a standard halogen.
Not really sure if putting a couple halos around it will make the front of the bike as visible as I want. Really just looking for opinions on this. Had the retrofit site open and shopping cart loaded quite a few
times and keep talikng myself out of it
Bi-xenon: Sportbike Stage I Kit

·
Registered
446 Posts
I am really enjoying my 800 lumen lights. They do an excellent job of making night riding more pleasant. The extra viz during the day is an added plus. Here are the details.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just installed HID projector and it is an amazing difference. I am struggling figuring out where to wire up my halos though. I'd like to wire them in with my running lights, but I am not quite sure where on the bike would be the best spot and also which connectors to use. If anyone has done this, I'd appreciate some advice. The HID light is worth the effort!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,385 Posts
I'm happy with the Tripage LED bulb. See the preferred vendor section for details.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I installed the Baja Designs 1800 lumen LED light that Hawkerjet posted the link to above. It is a very well designed light that has two bulbs (with 800 lumens each). :cool: They designed the two reflectors for the bulbs to do different duties. One bulb is a spot for distance while the other one is a broad wider wash of light up closer for lighting corners and the immediate road.

It is a very easy install under the factory light once the horn has been relocated. There is a metal bracket there with a hole drilled in it already and the light bolts right into place at that location. Just get a bolt and nut and your all set. Easy Peasy....lots of light. I did like Hawkerjet did in his install and tapped into the power at the high-beam wire in the harness at the top tripple under the handlebars. It comes on with the brights and off with the low beam.

Edit: My mistake: The Baja Designs light is 2150 lumens and the case is only 2" x 3". (no wonder it is so bright)

http://www.bajadesigns.com/products/offroad-lighting/offroad-led-lighting/s2-pro-led-lights

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Occasionally the gloves block the headlights.:(

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
image.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts