Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to make some adjustments to the suspension on my '15 09. I haven't had a tank slapper yet, but I notice at highway speeds I can wobble the bars fairly easily on command, which is something I don't like. Also when cornering, there is some wobble if you hit a bump mid-lean, plus the reverberation even when going straight and hitting some bumps is just too much. And I'm still learning to bring the front wheel down straight reliably, so anything helping to stabilize the bike would help.

I've considered a steering stabilizer but I read adjusting the suspension should be the first order of business before resorting to that. What is the recommendation for preload and rebound on this bike? As stiff as possible? For reference I am on the heavier side, 220-230lb in full gear

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
New front suspension bro.

No adjustment on a 15 model will help at your weight.

Others will confirm....

I have a 2015 and revalved the front suspension and put in a penske double clicker for the rear. It's much better now.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Just for now, set rider sag to 40mm front/35mm rear or as close to that as you can get. Then see how much damping you can get from the stock set up. See if that helps, but the real solution is an upgrade.
There are vendors here who will have various options to suit your budget.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts