Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I want to change my stock rider's footpegs, because when I get my knee down, I also get my shoe slider on the ground which is kinda annyoing. Not much I can do with my position so I'm wondering if these are worth trying:

FOR Yamaha MT-09 Tracer FZ-09 2015 Multi Step Adjustable Front Foot Pegs | eBay

or

"Black Shadow" Front Adjustable Footpegs 40mm for Yamaha MT-09 13 14 15 16 17 - MC Motoparts Online Store[/quote]

Anybody used something similar? In my gear I can weight up to 110kg (~240lbs) and I'm wondering if they wwon't break.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My main concern is that left peg is held to the whole set by a screw. I'm a bit afraid that if I'm gonna swap it to a different footpeg, it might work as a lever and turn the peg around...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Valid concern IMO, you'd certainly have to overtorque those fasteners to prevent them rotating when you stand on the pegs..

For a little more money ($100 or so) you can get a set of adjustable rearsets - just search ebay or Amazon for "FZ09 adjustable rearset"

There's plenty of us here on the forums running these cheap rearsets with no issues, although there was one owner who had the bolt that held one of the pegs on snap (he did admit to over tightening it however) If you go down this road the only things to be aware of is you should disassemble them and loctite all the bolts as they don't loctite them from the factory, and some of us have had to tap the threads on the piece that bolts to the transmission as they forgot to do that at the factory. Also they come with no instructions but this thread will tell you everything you need to know: http://www.fz09.org/forum/13-fz-09-gear-accessories/11316-china-rear-sets.html

Certainly one of the best value for money mods I've done though, especially compared to the $400-$1,000+ a brand name set cost! If you wanted some extra piece of mind it would only run you a few dollars to replace the main peg bolts with some higher grade bolts too :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the only thing that concerns me and while sets require removal of a bolt that holds the rear swingarm. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to do that on my own. Perhaps it's time to either accept, that FZ/MT-09 is not a sport bike or get a sport bike...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts