Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, sold my ‘16 XSR. NOT because it wasn’t a fabulous bike, in fact I reckon this bike has one of the best ever street motors and you get a lot for the money. I sold it because I am 56 and I’m realising that NOW is the time for me to own and ride the bikes on my list before, well, before the things that happen to guys my age and have happened to my friends and work mates. If I was younger I probably would’ve kept it for longer.

The bike was in perfect order with suspension upgrades, Akra full titanium exhaust and other goodies. I advertised it for a price that was realistic. First guy came with the cash, didn’t even want to test ride. Deal done, no wasted time! He seemed really happy, previously had an XSR 700 then a Panigale, which he realised was kind of overkill for his commute to work!

Anyway, keep on enjoying this bike. I might see some of you on the Kwak Z900 RS forum! ??

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This was what it was:

Reactions: Springbok

·
Registered
207 Posts
I like the paddock stand too. Who makes that?
I'd have a hard time trusting a paddock stand where the front wheels of the stand rotate. Imagine going to remove the stand not noticing the one side has rotated around backwards and all of a sudden kicks out in the process while trying to balance the bike and remove the stand at the same time. Recipe for disaster in my eyes.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The stand is by these guys:
I’ve got one rear with the casters, one regular rear and one front stand. They’re good quality and feel secure. The rear stand with casters has wheels that you can lock by pressing down on a toggle with your foot. Taking the bike off the castering stand is not a problem once you understand that the wheels need to be oriented a certain way. The castering wheels make it easy when moving your bike around the garage too. Of course you move carefully, but you’d be careful without a stand, wouldn’t you?
Highly recommended by me!

·
Registered
9 Posts
The stand is by these guys:
I’ve got one rear with the casters, one regular rear and one front stand. They’re good quality and feel secure. The rear stand with casters has wheels that you can lock by pressing down on a toggle with your foot. Taking the bike off the castering stand is not a problem once you understand that the wheels need to be oriented a certain way. The castering wheels make it easy when moving your bike around the garage too. Of course you move carefully, but you’d be careful without a stand, wouldn’t you?
Highly recommended by me!
Hey lowflying, I've actually been looking for a stand just like this, I've got a pretty tight spot in my garage next to my car, and this would make it so much easier to swivel my bike out!
Looks like the company is based off of Australia. Was the shipping expensive on the stand? (don't know if you're already living there).

The future XSR owner is gonna be fortunate!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts