Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT-09 SP
35 Posts
Was hoping a post like this would show up! I have (I believe) the same bag and was wondering if it would fit well on the 21 mt09. Biggest concern was the bag covering the tail light.

It looks like it doesn't cover it all and it looks great!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was hoping a post like this would show up! I have (I believe) the same bag and was wondering if it would fit well on the 21 mt09. Biggest concern was the bag covering the tail light.

It looks like it doesn't cover it all and it looks great!
Yeah doesn’t cover the tail light almost the same size as the seat

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,279 Posts
I have a used one for sale $60, I bought a Yanaha top case and have no use the the Nelsen Rigg.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the older version with fixed straps instead of the clip-on type. I might have to change that. The Nelson Rigg CL-1060-S Commuter-Sport Tail/Seat Bag (model CL-1060-S2 has the newer clip-on straps) doesn't quite fit a medium-size laptop. My larger and newer Nelson-Rigg CL-1060ST2 Commuter-Touring Tail/Seat Bag has clip-on straps and holds a 15-inch widescreen laptop. On the other hand, it's noticeably bigger than the "Commuter-Sport" bag. Either way, having to swing a leg up over a tail bag isn't ideal. I'm looking at tank bag options for the MT-09 that won't break the bank as a substitute.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Mine fits perfectly on the Yamaha OEM luggage rack.

Be careful running straps under the seat... very easy to jam things up making seat removal a nightmare.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,279 Posts
I have a used one for sale $60, I bought a Yanaha top case and have no use the the Nelsen Rigg.
Please someone buy this. It's in good condition and as an added perk, you get to tell people that Chester Burnet owned it. I have more stuff than I have places for.
Headgear Bag Luggage and bags Musical instrument Comfort
Luggage and bags Bag Material property Musical instrument accessory Audio equipment

·
Registered
57 Posts
Please someone buy this. It's in good condition and as an added perk, you get to tell people that Chester Burnet owned it. I have more stuff than I have places for.
It would help folks to know if you have the Nelson Rigg CL-1060-S Commuter-Sport Tail/Seat Bag (the original model without the newer clip-on straps) or the larger CL-1060ST Commuter-Touring Tail/Seat Bag. The "Sport" is 13-inches long while the "Touring" version is 15-inches long and has substantially greater capacity (I have both). The new S2 and ST2 have fully detachable mounting straps (the original design unclips only on one side).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts