Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2014 Honda Grom last night. Paid $3500 OTD with a 3 year warranty (total of 4 years). They had two, one with a Yoshimura Sticker Kit and a regular red one. The dealer wanted $300 more for the sticker kit, so I got the regular one. It has 0 miles on it. It has been raining for two days straight so I have not had a chance to ride it. But I cannot wait to carve some turn with this little beast. I also got to sit on a red FZ-07. Wish I had the cash to buy it. I really liked it, and felt at home on it. They had the red fz-07 next to a orange FZ-09.

IMG_0431.jpg IMG_0429.jpg IMG_0435.jpg
IMG_0440.jpg IMG_0438.jpg

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
sick!!!! i'm jealous. of course it's been raining since you got it - that's how it works. I would have paid the $300 for the sticker kit only because it adds an extra 5hp ;)

pictures/videos are a must - otherwise this is just a tease. Have fun with it!

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Very Nice! I would like to have one also, but just not enough to add another bike to the stable in the garage.

And if you decide to do some mods.......this guy is top notch and has been doing this for years and years with the Ruckus. He's local to our area of the country (Knoxville, TN) and does some awesome builds.....

http://www.mnnthbx.com/grom-hard-parts.html

·
Registered
102 Posts
Oh man that Grom looks sick! Congrats man, sweet ride.

Just picked up a 2014 Honda Grom last night. Paid $3500 OTD with a 3 year warranty (total of 4 years). They had two, one with a Yoshimura Sticker Kit and a regular red one. The dealer wanted $300 more for the sticker kit, so I got the regular one. It has 0 miles on it. It has been raining for two days straight so I have not had a chance to ride it. But I cannot wait to carve some turn with this little beast. I also got to sit on a red FZ-07. Wish I had the cash to buy it. I really liked it, and felt at home on it. They had the red fz-07 next to a orange FZ-09.

View attachment 7516 View attachment 7517 View attachment 7518
View attachment 7519 View attachment 7520

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
so f*#king jealous I can't even find words.

I would say "have fun" but it seems redundant....

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I just picked one up the other day too. Probably was a good idea to not ride in the rain, I discovered the tires are bad enough it power slides with ease in the wet! :eek:

Amazingly, I think the Grom is more comfortable for 2-up riding than the FZ-09 was. Too much fun!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Please post a review when you get a chance. I was thinking about getting a Zuma but the Grom could still be in the cards.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys for the congratulations. It is 6:59 am and the streets are still damp from the rain fall last night. As soon as they are mostly dry I am going to put at least 100 miles on the Grom. And I will post a nice detailed review.

·
Vendor
772 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Awesome man your grom looks great. The upgrade list has been created lol. I hope you won't mind if I have some question for you in the near future.

Reactions: tripage

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

View attachment 7516 View attachment 7517 View attachment 7518
View attachment 7519 View attachment 7520
Today I was quoted $4850 from the Honda Dealership about two hours south of yours in Jax -- he said its absolutely impossible to get a Grom OTD so cheap. If your can do it I'd ship it the fives hours south to me.

Buying a New Bike in Florida is like getting a primitive Root Canal.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah dealers and their "hot ticket item" justification to screw you, it is BS. I have bought several powersports from the dealer I purchased mine from, and without that, they would have never waived the setup fee. But they got me on the fz-09. I paid 9000.00 for the fz-09 :( But before the discount Purcells quoted me 4100 otd.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
The Grom is $3600 to 3700 OTD, before dealer fee, freight, set up charges, etc. $4850???

Never in my lifetime:cool:

Reactions: RichBaker

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Today I was quoted $4850 from the Honda Dealership about two hours south of yours in Jax -- he said its absolutely impossible to get a Grom OTD so cheap. If your can do it I'd ship it the fives hours south to me.

Buying a New Bike in Florida is like getting a primitive Root Canal.
If you want to drive to Central FL I have 2 dealers that have multiple groms. Brother in law got his in lakeland and they always have them and have a great price on them. Another place is Wesley Chapel Honda. You can get them $1000 off that price quoted OTD.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well guys I took the Grom out for the first ride. I rode about 50 miles. Man the first 5-10 miles felt so weird. I felt like was riding a mini bike and everyone was giving me this smug looks. But soon after that I started to realize how much fun this little bike is. In full tuck jacket zipped up, I hit 62 mph. But the average top speed cruising comfortably was around 56-59 mph. Taking turn on this little bike is the most fun I have had off a race track in a long time. It is so low to the ground and so light (225lbs) you can go to full lean at 40 mph and feel like you hauling some serious booty through the turns. I rode on a country rode that has a posted speed limit of 55. So I got passed by a few cars (and bikes) until I got onto the back roads. Which felt very strange for me. At one time a gsxr passed me and gave me a thumbs up, but most other riders wouldn't even wave back. I guess they think the Grom is a children's toy not worthy of recognition. Well let me tell you, they have no idea what they are missing. The best part of the Grom is my son can basically flat foot it, so he will be having a lot of run riding in our gated community.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts