Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Everything I've read states September/October. Probably going to go to the highest sales volume dealers in your area first.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just got off the phone with my local dealer and was told we can expect to see them on the show room floor in October.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Okay, I just got back from the dealer. The sales manager was at the announcement (and got some KILLER photos with his Galaxy S4 - trying to get them so I can upload) and he stated that the dealers can't even order them until late August/early September. Said that it was unusual for Yamaha to do it like that, since they've always let dealers place an order on the spot in the past. He also said that he wouldn't take a deposit until he could confirm an order.

So we wait... :confused:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Super Moderator
5,633 Posts
My dealer told me that there was a possibility of mid to late Aug. Where he got that info, I have no idea. He also knows that he will able to get at least a few to several and since I was the first to do a deposit, I should be the first to get one at that dealership. I would love to see Aug sometime, but I'm also not getting my hopes up for that time frame. I've got an ST1300 to ride in the mean time, and also 9 more track days between now and October, so I should be able to keep my motorcycle fix going until it comes in. If push comes to shove, I'll talk the wife out of her '07 600RR for a few rides on it! :cool:

·
Registered
699 Posts
HAHA! Just got off the phone with the only dealer that is large enough to not abide by the Race on Sunday, Rest on Monday mentality of most moto dealers. Anyway, he didn't know anything about it other than the google search that he did. HA!

Anyway, his non-info of "Yeah, bring us a deposit as quickly as you can." is less than reliable. I guess that my search will have to wait until moto dealers go back to work.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
yeah my buddy at the yamaha shop says "in September". That's all he gave me. he did say the regional rep was stopping by Thursday so maybe he'll know more after his visit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts