Normal: 90

Miles after F-Trip:
Best: 30
Normal: 20

Reactions: 42286/ and myntz

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've been getting in the area of around 200 km per tank but i'm still in the break in period so rpms mostly below 5300 with some bursts higher here and there

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I have only ventured into the fuel trip zone once, and don't recall how far I went??? lol.

To be honest, I prefer to not let the fuel level get to low. Especially since with the fuel pump in the tank, where it uses the fuel to help cool the fuel pump.

Here is one site where a few people are keeping track of there fuel mileage, with real world numbers.

Yamaha FZ-09 Mileage | Fuelly

Just ignore the one claiming 90 mpg??? something smells fishy with that one, lol.

Fuelly FZ-09.JPG

The XSR900 should be close to the same as the FZ-09, but it would be interesting to see comparative dyno runs to see if they changed the ECU curves.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Lately I've tended to hit about 130 miles before the fuel light starts blinking. I ran one tank for 37 miles before it ran dry and I had to push it a block.

:-/

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
100 miles then I start to pucker up looking for a gas station. My bike is always in A mode. My wife's bone stock bike can get 115-120 miles before it starts flashing.

·
Registered
103 Posts
1,400 miles and I have gotten a calculated 48mpg each time. The trip computer lies with an estimated 50mpg each time. Most trips are suburban commuting in flat South East Florida.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My trip computer is showing 48.1 mpg. Picked up the XSR showing 0 Monday pm, 492 Tuesday. Did oil and filter. Heading to The Dragon today, then on to FL. 120 to 130 range. Haven't gotten too far into the Empty bar yet.
Update! When I arrived home, with 1266 miles, avg. mpg a tad over 50.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Typically 250 kms is the most I'll go. The best tank was about 260 before it was flashing...but that was all in one go, highway riding.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Typically 250 kms is the most I'll go. The best tank was about 260 before it was flashing...but that was all in one go, highway riding.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
I have similar results: 270km before flashing gauge, mostly 90kmh cruising mixed with 15% Urban and a few short, sharp blasts.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You can find me on fuelly as well. I prefer to fill at Shell so I refill around 230 km which takes under 11L. I don't wait for flashing since there is only 1 shell gas station on my way to work.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'd wish to have a bigger tank two liters more at least. I think there is no easy solution for that unless to carry gas tanks in the back like Super tenere jajs

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
337 Posts
Wow I got 25km on ftrip last ride, and 215km on the tank...

·
Registered
890 Posts
I usually get around 160 km (100 miles) when the fuel light turns on. I don't let it run dry. At $300+ for a new fuel pump, I'd rather keep it as cooled as possible by the fuel.
Mostly STD mode / commuting. But even on long highway speed rides, I still get the same numbers.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts