Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, we all know that bikes lose value the second you buy them, so I wonder what my bike is worth. If you have seen my build thread you know what it looks like. Its at about 14,000 miles right now. What is a real world price for it? What someone might actually pay.

Thanks!

·
Registered
192 Posts
my 2 cents are; the bike is worth what's some one is willing to pay. Regardless of whats done to it. Every one has his own taste when it comes to modding a bike/car. you will never get what you spent on it back. so again with this miles on it i would thing you would be lucky if you get $6500 if not less. Good luck

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Momo, I agree with your opinion. Mods dont mean much, thats for sure. I think that price is pretty accurate. I dont know if I will happily part worth it, we shall see. If I do, that would probably be a fair starting price.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Well the easiest way to figure out what your bike is actually worth is follow these steps:
1. Kbb.com/motorcycle
2. Nada motorcycle
3. Check cycle trader with 500 miles of your zip to see what they are selling for
4. Check Craigslist to see what people are listing them for.
5. Check the for sale section here and see what people are listing them for.
6. Go to a dealer and see what trade in value they will give you (ALSO LISTED ON KBB)
7. Check eBay and see if any are for sale.
8. See if any dealers are selling them used.
After that you should have a ruff estimate of what your bike will sell for within $500 bucks or so.

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
464 Posts
The dealers go by nada guides I think, I'm not too sure. But when I traded in my kawi for my fz the guy took out a little book looked up my bike and said your trade in is worth x. So they don't just make up numbers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts