Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I WAS waiting to get frame sliders, heh, never needed them before right? Then I came up on this very sharp, cresting left hander. Thankfully, I saw the sign that said there was an intersecting road at the corner (slowed down) because, you guessed it, the road was completely covered in gravel. You know that "aw crap" moment? Well, I didn't panic, straightened up and coasted off into the sand and grass. Whew, that was a close one. Went on my way after removing the seat from my clenched butt. Just ordered the slider kit from OES. I'll be installing it as soon as it gets here!

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Good save for sure. I remember a fellow rider telling me one time a little bit of advice about gravel on the road. He said that unless the gravel has just been kicked up on the road from whatever, usually there is a "line" through it where cars/trucks ahead of you have already passed through. The problem is that usually, when someone comes upon gravel on the road, they target fixate on the entire patch of gravel instead of looking for and focusing on the "line" that goes through it. That bit of advice has saved my bacon several times over the years.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good save for sure. I remember a fellow rider telling me one time a little bit of advice about gravel on the road. He said that unless the gravel has just been kicked up on the road from whatever, usually there is a "line" through it where cars/trucks ahead of you have already passed through. The problem is that usually, when someone comes upon gravel on the road, they target fixate on the entire patch of gravel instead of looking for and focusing on the "line" that goes through it. That bit of advice has saved my bacon several times over the years.
That has saved me as well, but no lines this time. It looks like they had just put down new gravel on the side dirt road, it was everywhere!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts