Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rather then adding an extra switch for the accent lights, I'd like to connect them to the ignition's Parking/Accessories position. That means they will also switch on when riding, which is what I want.
So in other words, a wire that supplies either the warning-light switch or turning-light switch, before the switch.
Does anyone know where I can find & tap this wire?
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to have them on either 1) when riding, or 2) when parked with the handle bars locked and the ignition in the P position. Same as the hazard lights.

·
Registered
304 Posts
When the bike is on so are the accent lights. In other words, they work in sync with the ignition and they remain on while you're riding.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Why would you want them on when parked? Seems like an unnecessary battery drain and like Tristan said, they ARE on when riding

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When the bike is on so are the accent lights. In other words, they work in sync with the ignition and they remain on while you're riding.
I'll try to clarify.
I would like them to have 2 purposes.
1. Always on when riding to be more obvious from the rear. My existing tail lights don't do a good job IMO. So I could connect the LED strips to, say, the licence plate wires. That would work IF that's all I wanted.
2. But ... I thought since I have these LED strips, why not have the option to light them when parked once in a while, to show off the bike. I could add a wire from the battery and a switch. That would work, but why do that when there is already a switch: the ignition's P position. It does exactly that.
As proof, the hazards work only with ignition to ON or P. All I have to do is figure out which wire to tap. Hence this post.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
You would need to wire to your battery and connect to a switch to turn them on/off. also need to have some backfeed protection so when you turn your key on it doesn't run back up the parking light feed. I would say maybe just add some lights to your faux intakes and put them on the battery with a switch would be easier to do. We have color change options you may want. Can control from your phone. Then just need to turn off the switch when the bike is sitting to keep from draining the battery.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For the benefit of others, here's what I found.
There is an Auxiliary Lights connection. It is avaiable for both the Gen1 (2014-2016) & Gen2 (2017+). It is found behind the [fake] right air intake hoop. You might have to go fish for it with your fingers just behind the gas tank's bottom lip, right by the harness of course. It is gray and it capped off.
There is also an Auxiliray Power connector. It is located somewhere behind the left air intake hoop. I read about it for the Gen2, but did not find it on my 2014 :-(
I'm not sure what the difference is between the two.

I'm giving up on the idea of accent lights when the ignition is in P (all the way to the bottom). That was just for fun.

Next, I'm looking for the female end of the bike's Aux Lights connector.
Reply if you know ... Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts