Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks!
I'm looking for some advise with my build. I liked the look of the Graves fz09 build so I decided to give it a shot.
I have a 2017 fz09 (formerly) with abs. I wanted to delete the batterybox but my abs pump was still in the way, so I deleted that too.
When I got everything back together, I left the abs pump connector unplugged.
On my first ride I noticed my speedometer was reading 0mph the whole time. I was hoping I wouldn't need to buy an abs delete plug for the connector In the wire harness.
Is that why my wheel speed sensors aren't being picked up by the computer? And if so does anyone know where I can find them? The closest abs delete plug I could find were for an xsr900/mt10 and they are proud of them...$200 usd. Not against spending that much for a decent part if that's the only option though.
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah the speed sensors go thru the ABS ECU then to the main ECU. If you don't use an ABS delete plug (haven't seen one for the 09), you'll need to plug the pump back in.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,416 Posts
I know it's weird but I always thought the battery box was an eye sore. This is what it looks like now, let me know what ya think.
View attachment 168291
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

It looks ok but honestly, when I look at the stock bike it's not something that jumps out at me. I think they are great looking motorcycles right out of the box. The thing that I do think is impactful is that black pipe. I've been wanting to pull mine off and get it ceramic coated. Maybe I will this winter. The things that jump out at me are what I can't see.....mediocre suspension which is what I concentrate on. I spend ridiculous money modding my bikes but not to much on trying to improve the visuals. I'm into performance and ergonomics.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It looks ok but honestly, when I look at the stock bike it's not something that jumps out at me. I think they are great looking motorcycles right out of the box. The thing that I do think is impactful is that black pipe. I've been wanting to pull mine off and get it ceramic coated. Maybe I will this winter. The things that jump out at me are what I can't see.....mediocre suspension which is what I concentrate on. I spend ridiculous money modding my bikes but not to much on trying to improve the visuals. I'm into performance and ergonomics.
Yeah that's a good point, I don't thinks it's too noticeable either but its something that I've been wanting to do for a while now. I also wanted to upgrade to a battery to lithium and ss brake lines anyways so how ever I can justify it right?
But You're right on there, upgraded suspension, seat and are in the near future.
Also that's actually just wet titanium wrap, and a custom pipe. (Needs a bit more back pressure) I need to weld in a loop right before the muffler. I'd love to have it coated too.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
I don't have ABS, but I'm buggered if I'd disable the system just to remove a bit of plastic.
Still, the world would be even more over populated if we all thought the same.
Good luck.

Reactions: ChesterBurnet

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
It's all in the eye of the beholder. There's an endless number of owners who modify their toys and most of them are happy with their results, good, bad or indifferent. Telling someone it looks like crap isn't going to change that. His bike, his choice.

By the way, it doesn't have spokes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's all in the eye of the beholder. There's an endless number of owners who modify their toys and most of them are happy with their results, good, bad or indifferent. Telling someone it looks like crap isn't going to change that. His bike, his choice.

By the way, it doesn't have spokes.
True that, plus I can always put it back the way it was before if I wanted, nothings permanent!

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
There’s no such thing as “resale” value of something you love. Dunno about you guys, but I own things until they crumble. Do what you love with what you have. Whatever that means to you.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Very true. I have tools and fishing gear that's 40 years old and still as new. I like to keep things that work well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts