Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone know if the ABS light being on permanently is intentional?

Manual doesn't say anything about this and this thread says its supposed to turn off after 10km.

I have 200 miles on my bike and when I started it today for no reason the ABS light did not turn on at all, whereas it would be on at all times previously. Strange things afoot, would like to know if anyone else knows what's actually going on here?

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Back to the dealer.

Reactions: astcyr and robevo71

·
Registered
9 Posts
During the first 250 miles of its existence, it would light up for ~5 seconds after startup. Now, it stays on until I start moving. Per the manual, my bike's behavior is exepected. Yours, though, seems odd and I would take it to the dealer for help.

·
Registered
504 Posts
there have been threads about the ABS light going on for no reason. Some had the sensor improperly installed and was fixed when installed corectly.

·
Registered
386 Posts
ABS sensor comes on when you first start the bike. The wheels have to go through a full rotation to calibrate the sensor and then the light should go off. If it's staying on there is an issue that needs to be fixed.

·
Registered
184 Posts
It's supposed to go off as soon as the bike starts rolling.

You have a bad sensor or other issue that is preventing the ABS system from working. Something to keep in mind as you continue driving with the light on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts