Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I have some problems with my FZ-09/MT-09 2017. 2 days ago the ABS-light turned on when testing the brakes, then the TCS-light came on as well and can’t be turned off. And today the speedometer won’t show the km/h, it just stays on 0 km/h. I think it’s all related?

Thankfull for any help I can get.

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
456 Posts
As I found out yesterday, you should take a look at your front ABS sensor. It feeds the speedo, as well as provides info for the TC and ABS. Start there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I found out yesterday, you should take a look at your front ABS sensor. It feeds the speedo, as well as provides info for the TC and ABS. Start there.
Very grateful for your response, thanks. I changed one of the forks a few weeks ago and when I put the ABS-sensor back, I accidentally put the “bracket(number 18)” on the wrong side of the sensor(17). So that’s probably why this all happend? Anyway, I put the bracket on the right side of the sensor but the problem still persists. Do I maybe need to clear the fault codes from the ECU?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Make sure you didn't damage the sensor, they break rather easily. You may need to have the code(s) cleared, not sure if they will clear themselves with several on/off cycles.

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
456 Posts
The backwards bracket was exactly what the stealership said was wrong with mine. They said the ECU did have a code to clear, yes. It was all under warranty for me.

·
Vendor
1,333 Posts
ecu wont clear its own code no matter how many key cycles, bull crap Yamaha diagnostic system, once its fixed you will have to clear the code manually with a code reader

1 - 6 of 6 Posts