Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
you're not even close to dragging parts. Lean more, worry less

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
We need to see the chicken strips. No doubt a half inch wide.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Slide back in the seat a little
make sure the ball of your inside foot is on the peg
rotate your hips, torso and shoulders into the corner well before you get to the turn point. If possible, 2-3 seconds or more before the turn point.
push on the outside grip to keep moving in a straight line
locate turn point
not less than about 1 second or more before the turn point, turn your head and look through the turn
at the turn point relax pressure on outside grip and push forward on the inside grip
roll on throttle
ride through the corner
return to center when the bike is upright

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Slide back in the seat a little
make sure the ball of your inside foot is on the peg
rotate your hips, torso and shoulders into the corner well before you get to the turn point. If possible, 2-3 seconds or more before the turn point.
push on the outside grip to keep moving in a straight line
locate turn point
not less than about 1 second or more before the turn point, turn your head and look through the turn
at the turn point relax pressure on outside grip and push forward on the inside grip
roll on throttle
ride through the corner
return to center when the bike is upright
Merced Ca. ?? I thought you live near Laguna Seca.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Pegs are cheap, just buy spares.
As for dragging any hard parts, you have a long ways to go before anything becomes an issue so I would not be worrying about that.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Merced Ca. ?? I thought you live near Laguna Seca.

Until last weekend, I lived 45 minutes from Laguna Seca.

Now I live in Merced, 110 miles from Laguna Seca.

However, I used to live in a 2400 sq ft house with no space except for a 3 car garage.

Now, I have 3.3 acres, 2800 sq ft house, pool, hot tub, 2400 sq ft shop and a 120 yard long circle track.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts

However, I used to live in a 2400 sq ft house with no space except for a 3 car garage.

Now, I have 3.3 acres, 2800 sq ft house, pool, hot tub, 2400 sq ft shop and a 120 yard long circle track.
That sounds lovely.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Thanks guys! It has been a long time coming and lots of work to get there.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Great pictures.

What I notice is that unless you're on the gas (doesn't seem like it from the hand position) you don't have much fork compression. I always thought of proper suspension use as 50% compression near full lean, 25% static, and 90% at full braking. Not that I look at suspension data all day, but that's what popped out at me.

Anyway, just an observation to look close at, it's probably perfectly set up... or perhaps you're going to tell me you have stock springs and a soft front suspension to prove me way wrong, hahahahaha!

·
Registered
360 Posts
As many have said your hard parts are safe for quite a bit more leaning. Not great picture angle but I'd say butt back and off the bike. One cheek on the seat is my comfort zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts

So when are you hosting a MT/FZ meet?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
This means nothing. My chicken strips are 1/2" wide right now. Too many bike setup factors affect chicken strips.
Been riding 51 years and I never saw a fast guy with 1/2 wide chicken strips. If you know how to be fast with chicken strips a half inch wide...Moto GP is looking for you.

·
Registered
173 Posts
GPA Pro 190/60 on a 5.5" rim.
Why? You just burning off used track day rubber on the street? Wrapping a 190 on a narrow rim just makes the tire wrap too much, makes turn in faster and a taller profile, but I'd say that's a dam sticky tire to be wasting contact patch on.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts