Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I give credit to Kevxtx who started this and Marthy and Rado for tweaking it.....
Stabilizer mounting measurements and pics...with the frame tab I could not fit a bolt in the hole that was not loose so I hand tapped it with a 7mm tap turning it with a wrench them followed it with the 8mm tap the same way.. now you can thread a 8mm bolt in and fasten the top mount... with the lower mounting I bought a Bronze 1/4 x 5/16 x3/4 sleeve at Lowes in the Specialty fastener department and cut it down to fit the stabilizer bracket hole and now you can use a 6mm bolt on the lower mount on the bracket..using a 6mm bolt helps out alot ! And I used aluminum angle 4"x3" 5/8th wide . I used a water faucet washer Kit that is intended to rebuild a faucet handle that I picked up at Lowes .In the 5th picture I used no washers just inserted the bolt and left just a bit of play with blue loctite .. in the 3rd picture I used the smaller rubber washer in the kit." about 2mm thick" between the bracket and stabilizer but on the lower part I used the thicker washer in the kit that is about 3~4mm thick with a small metal washer right above the self locking nut then tightened it until fairly snug .. there will be a bit of movement there but that will not effect anything ,better to be a little lose there than to tight... And to get the center holes larger in the rubber washers I heated up a drill bit then drilled them out to the bolt size .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Very nice Abe. I want to put radiator guards on mine also. I haven't made up my mind about the engine guards.
Question, how much was that Ohlins shock?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Looking good Abe! :thumbsup: Is there enough clearance between the top of the chain and the front sprocket cover for a larger sprocket?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking good Abe! Is there enough clearance between the top of the chain and the front sprocket cover for a larger sprocket?

If it can be done with the stock cover it can be done with the Graves cover......

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
^ They look good, please give a report how then look from a distance in daylight. Inquiring minds want to know. TIA

Reactions: raja777m

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
1 - 20 of 268 Posts