Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Ariel square fours were not the coolest running engines anyway. Imagine how that one did lugging that minivan around? lol

·
Super Moderator
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's a pict I took yesterday of a Duc Scrambler that I posted over in the Scrambler thread. A really nice lean and clean little bike.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Saw this one at the Barber yesterday. An outstanding destination for every serious motorcyclists.

View attachment 13160

You could pack up the wife and kids along with a pic-a-nic basket for an outing in the country.

I used to own a Square Four. There's a pic of it in my gallery. I had to heli-coil the rear spark plug threads after they siezed up and stripped during plug removal. Those two rear cylinders really ran hot. The Four was also very underpowered, so the family in the side car would be a real grunt. The manifold on this one looks a lot like mine, which was a 1949. The intake had one carburetor with a venturi the diameter of my index finger that fueled 1000 CCs. That explained a lot about the lack of power.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Ridetofish I think you just put the Barber museum on my "bucket list". Thanks for the pics and story about the Puch 250. Nice to know there are guys who live and breathe 2 wheels like me. My first street bike was an MZ 250 two stroke. I'd be interested to see another one.

·
Super Moderator
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bucket list for sure, Uber. You could always combine the museum tour with their Vintage Festival, which is the second weekend of October.
Tons of racing, folks rolling around the campus on all sorts of interesting equipment, vintage trials, free seminars on stuff like fabrication, welding, bead blasting, etc.
and the smell of 2-strokes in the air.

You never can tell what you might see, as they change out bikes quite often. I remember seeing the oval piston NR750 Honda on my first visit along with the Britten V1000
and thought to myself...what a great place this is. The building is modeled on places like the Guggenheim and the building itself is a work of art.

There is a huge glass enclosed elevator operating in a glass tower and it's large enough to move two dozen people. As you stand waiting for the elevator rising up to your floor
the first thing you see on the roof of the elevator is a modern Formula 1 car decked out in nothing but carbon fiber . What a surprise that is!

And then there is the track itself. A bit small'ish for Superbikes, but oh so sweet for everything else. An outstanding venue for a track day. And I miss my Floribama Riders track weekends
my club used to put on there. Nothing like running that track with everyone being someone you know. That eliminated the "dick'ishness" almost completely. I haven't run a track day since
we gave up our slot years ago. :-(((

·
Registered
241 Posts
tiger shark, two questions, first off, is there any bike you haven't owned yet? second, couldn't you cut a hole in the bottom of the side car rig like a flintstones car for getting up those steep hills?
Cartoon Clip art Illustration Graphics Sitting

1 - 9 of 9 Posts