Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying all modes as much as I can. I'm kind of confused with my results. I find the bike much more easy to wheelie and land wheelies more gentle than any other mode. If in fact maybe A mode feels like it has less power.... It's probably just me and not being very familiar with the bike. Question is... if you were to dyno the bike in A mode and then B mode how would they compare. Is there actually a HP difference in the modes or is it a throttle response type of setting?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
There is no hp difference so to speak, only the way the throttle responds. Standard is normal response as you twist the throttle, B mode is slightly slower response and A mode is slightly faster throttle response.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Thou i think B mode limits total throttle response to approx 80%... iirc... ?

·
Registered
555 Posts
B = Boring.
STD = Standard fun.
A = Awesome fun.

You can wheelie this bike in all 3 modes in the first 2 gears, and STD/A mode in 3rd gear if you try hard enough. A mode has a whole lot more throttle response than B mode.........very sharp.

·
Registered
350 Posts
B mode limits top end hp. Difference between A and std is how fast the throttle ramps up. Use std and learn gentle throttle control. It will pay off in the end. A is for idiots (like me and poogamer69).

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
B mode limits top end hp. Difference between A and std is how fast the throttle ramps up. Use std and learn gentle throttle control. It will pay off in the end. A is for idiots (like me and poogamer69).
3rd gear A MODE power wheeliesssssss

·
Registered
276 Posts
The dyno runs that I saw has A and Std with the same amount of HP, but B is down about 10-15%. The throttle is more progressive in A mode.
Do the Stoltec flash. Wheelies are less hairy.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I would hit the warranty is what has me holding back.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I would hit the warranty is what has me holding back.
only warranty issue should be the ECU if the ECU fails. Since it isn't impacting actual fueling or changing the fuel maps in any way it doesn't impact anything but the throttle response. If it came down to it i just wouldn't tell them, judging by my experience with dealership mechanics they aren't the brightest.

Reactions: 520FZ09
1 - 10 of 10 Posts