Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'am from Mexico, it took them about 2 moths to bring my new bike, after I paid for it, I was really excited and it arrive yesterday I went to see it and I got really upset when I discovered that they make a scratch and little dent in the fuel tank when it arrived. My dealer say they are sorry but it doesn't affect on the functionality, hahaha I want to hit him in the face, Sorry for my bad English and bad words but Iam really upset... What do you think? I will estimate any word of encouragement...

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hola. Me nombre es WillowBilly.

Yo digo que le envían un nuevo tanque, ese uno profesionalmente reparados o desprender una gran cantidad de dinero...

Update: For the members to the north. "Get them to give you a new tank, have the dented one professionally repaired, or knock off some serious money from the price."

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi

I'd say new tank or new bike...You have to accept the bike or not, so if you are not happy walk away.

Reactions: RichBaker

·
Registered
64 Posts
WALK AWAY. If they scratched it and dented it and are not going to replace it for you, is that the kind of shop that you want to give your money to? I wouldn't. As a matter of fact, id point out that Yamaha didn't set their MSRP for scratched bikes, nor did they ship the bikes out with busted gas tanks. If you pay for a new bike, you get a new bike, as it was made from the factory floor. Not a busted bike.

What shop is this? Thats so appauling you should write Yamaha and let them know that these guys are misrepresenting the Yamaha brand integrity.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Don't buy it. Its not new. It's now second hand. There is no way in Australia where I live, this would even come this far. Here, the owner of said shop would never sell another bike in this country again if they pulled that shit. You pay for new, you get new. I would almost shoot the bastard. Surely you must have laws to cover this crap. If you did the same to a shop dealer, you would be in court so quick and hung. Shits me that scumbags pull this crap.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Tank dents are a big factor when it comes to resale. Definitely take it back

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
336 Posts
If it was that way at the dealership and you pointed it out they should be responsible. I had a similar thing happen back in 1997, went to pickup my YZ1000 and noticed a small scratch on the tank right down to metal when looking it over. Told the salesman and he went over to parts and ordered a replacement tank for me and handed me the receipt - still took it home and rode it until the new one came in but they made good on it.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Walk away ????? Did he not say he paid for it then got it delivered ? That put ya in a pinch

Hi, I'am from Mexico, it took them about 2 moths to bring my new bike, after I paid for it

·
Registered
962 Posts
Have them replace the tank and then be happy. It might take a while to get the tank - so a good dealer should be willing to also give you something else for your inconvenience (like a first service for free, a free flyscreen...). Since they scratched a new bike I'd suggest you get the tank and something else for free - and do your own service.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Have them replace the tank and then be happy. It might take a while to get the tank - so a good dealer should be willing to also give you something else for your inconvenience (like a first service for free, a free flyscreen...). Since they scratched a new bike I'd suggest you get the tank and something else for free - and do your own service.
Exactly my thoughts. A documented promise order that they own you a properly painted tank + something to smooth things over.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Sorry buddy, what others have said, get them to replace the tank. Call Yamaha corporate if you dont get satisfaction.

I love the line: "I want to hit him in the face"....thats gold

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
If it was that way at the dealership and you pointed it out they should be responsible. I had a similar thing happen back in 1997, went to pickup my YZ1000 and noticed a small scratch on the tank right down to metal when looking it over. Told the salesman and he went over to parts and ordered a replacement tank for me and handed me the receipt - still took it home and rode it until the new one came in but they made good on it.
I went to Jack Trebour a month ago on Rt 10 in ledgewood - they had 4 bikes there with dents and paint scratches - they marked them down but i was blown away there were 4 of them.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I never pay for a bike before it is inspected by myself. Things happen, but you have more leverage when it isn't paid for.

You bought a new bike, in new condition, they didn't deliver what they promised.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi and tanks to every one, my first thought was (after "hit him the face" LOL) return the bike and wait for another, but I was seriously excited to have the bike, my dealer told me that if they send it back they can't tell me when the new one will arrive, may be on June... :mad: so... I began to resign, finally they agree to give me for free a cheap motorcycle Jacket and a cheap helmet, I didn't know that I could ask for a new tank, they also told me that if I want they send it to repair with a local Mechanic, obviously there is not comparison in the work quality, even the dealer told me that if he was on my shoes they leave it as it was... "Besides does not affect the operation"... they bring my bike tomorrow and I will tell you how the things will going...
The "good" thing is that the dent is small and it is on the lower part of the tank, where the side pads could be placed, the bad thing is that here in Mexico no one has accessories for this bike yet, "May be on June or holidays" :mad:
Could somebody told me where can I call for help and orientation to know if they really could send a new tank, maybe a Yamaha principal store there in U.S..?
The store where I bought the bike is Yamaha Naucalpan Boulevard M. Avila Camacho No. 89 Estado de México.
I appreciate your comments very much...
To be continued...

·
Registered
663 Posts
Buena suerte con la moto. Sé que las cosas son diferentes en México. En los Estados, cada uno tiene un abogado para demandar a alguien.

For my stateside friends....good like with the bike. Things are different in Mexico. In the states, people get a lawyer and sue.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts