Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the same guy who steered me to it. He just purchased a Kawi 636 and it now has 232 miles on it. He was going to put that bike back on the sales floor and get the new vstrom because he had one before and loved it. Well he comes in to work and see's the orange fz09 on the floor and BAM he's got to have it. Come monday he texts the store says i am doing the banking right now get the bike ready so the the other sales guy being a smart ass starts the bike up revs it up to 9g's takes a picture of the tac and sends it to him "its ready" Lmao. Now he use to race and what i am about to say is not to start an argument or anything this is his words not mine. The throttle, glitch blip whatever you want to call it is normal and the reason it has become a topic because this is something that would have been noticed by someone with racing experience who would have noticed it. The average rider probably would not have given it to much notice but yet there still can be a placebo effect. This is my true experience i did not notice it. I will say based on the fact that i got the bike last fall and was able to put only 122 miles on it before i had to put it away. I did take the edu to nick and had him ref lash it to get rid of the speed limiter i don't need anybody to tell me how fast or slow i can go! As you all know it did not work but i am confidant that it is smoother based on 2 reasons 1. reflash 2. my ability to transform my riding style from a cruiser to sport riding. I am not telling you to do it or not you will have to decide for yourself? I like it so far but i still need more miles to decide for sure.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wow..I think I'd agree if I understood....

Please, you saved money...either by buying an fz09, or by not getting one. Either way was a savings...

Please, spend the 40-75.00 dollars and sign up for an English class at the local school or Community College. You sound like a cool person who wants to share a fun experience. Please take the time to do this. It will help you in your life as well as at work. You dont need to do a very good job of this..I'm a perfect example of that, but you need a little bit of work before co-workers will be able to understand an e mail, or note, from you.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Im so glad everyone is on the same page as me. I didnt want to stand out as a jerk.

Reactions: RichBaker

·
Registered
201 Posts
This is the same guy who steered me to it but he just purchased a Kawi 636 it has 232 miles on it and he was going to put that bike back on the sales floor and get the new vstrom he had one before and loved so he has been eyeing up the new white one well he comes in to work and see's the orange fz09 on the floor and BAM he's got to have it now so the bike sits on the floor come monday he texts the store says i am doing the banking right now get the bike ready so the the other sales guy being a smart ass starts the bike up revs it up to 9g's takes a picture of the tack and sends it to him "its ready" Lmao.

that is easily the longest run on sentence i have ever attempted to read.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Not the easiest read, but the forum is for the FZ 09, not English Lit majors, give a guy a break.

Edit: I probably use too many comas, so :p

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Wow. It took a couple tries, but I think I understand what was being communicated. A bit more punctuation would have gone a looooong way.

Ancient-Grammar-Police1.jpg

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Are you saying that the guy in sales races bikes, and only guys who race bikes will.notice the supposed throttle issue?

If that is the correct interpretation of your post, why would that be the case?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Wow..I think I'd agree if I understood....

Please, you saved money...either by buying an fz09, or by not getting one. Either way was a savings...

Please, spend the 40-75.00 dollars and sign up for an English class at the local school or Community College. You sound like a cool person who wants to share a fun experience. Please take the time to do this. It will help you in your life as well as at work. You dont need to do a very good job of this..I'm a perfect example of that, but you need a little bit of work before co-workers will be able to understand an e mail, or note, from you.
Hey please accept my apology? When i typed it i had to leave in a hurry so i just sent it before i edited it. Yes my IMAC has spell check and all that but if i relied on it i would have totally forgotten what i learned in school.

Cool story bro.
It would have been.

Are you saying that the guy in sales races bikes, and only guys who race bikes will.notice the supposed throttle issue?

If that is the correct interpretation of your post, why would that be the case?
Yes and no. Yes he did race bikes. No its just that with racing requires you to be so smooth the rider will notice the throttle sensitivity being off. I know we have people on this forum that do track days and such maybe they can elaborate?

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Elaborate on?

Wait, I get it.

You don't have to be a racer to notice the abrupt nature of this throttle. If you have any level of experience on other bikes, then you can place it in perspective. It is snatcher than many bikes, equally as snatchy as my Triumph, and to someone with good wrist control, A mode isn't really a hindrance I'm sure. Is it abrupt, yes. Is it terrible, IMHO, no. Do you need to be a racer to notice it? Hardly. Do you need to have some perspective to know what you are experiencing, yes.

I wouldn't flash my ECU because of the throttle snatch, but for the new fuel mapping, I'd probably do it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Roger, this fourm is kind of a fun place, so we were messing with you...I never meant to appear even slightly serious...

Auto correct sucks. I once had to take paictures of an auto accident. Requested by the president of our company. Obviously, I sent a confirmation e mail with the next day air trackign numbers...

My e mail said, I "shitted" this envelope and the tracking number is......

His reply was, "Roland, I wish the rest of you was as talented as your ass."

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you i will.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts