Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My niece lost her father on New Years Eve to a drug overdose. Things have been very very rough at home ever since. So, I decided a good way to help make things easier on her would be to share my passion with her. I bought her a helmet and gloves (couldn't afford the jacket yet, working on it) and took her out for a very short ride around the neighborhood and out for pizza Friday night. She's 14. This pic was taken at the pizza place we went to:

Saturday, my buddy Jeff, who rides a cruiser, told me a Harley dealership was having an open house on the edge of the county and said he'd be there. I asked Bianca if she wanted to go. She was all for it. What followed was her having the time of her life as we did a mix of freeway (70mph sustained speeds), city, and backgrounds and she had a blast. Free food, free Rita's Italian Ices (she definitely took advantage there) and good times. We're going to make it a regular thing, so the jacket is an asap thing next.

·
Registered
583 Posts
What sort of Jacket do you want? Size? We have lots of winter jackets. PM me if we can help.

·
Registered
177 Posts
My niece lost her father on New Years Eve to a drug overdose. Things have been very very rough at home ever since. So, I decided a good way to help make things easier on her would be to share my passion with her. I bought her a helmet and gloves (couldn't afford the jacket yet, working on it) and took her out for a very short ride around the neighborhood and out for pizza Friday night. She's 14. This pic was taken at the pizza place we went to:

Saturday, my buddy Jeff, who rides a cruiser, told me a Harley dealership was having an open house on the edge of the county and said he'd be there. I asked Bianca if she wanted to go. She was all for it. What followed was her having the time of her life as we did a mix of freeway (70mph sustained speeds), city, and backgrounds and she had a blast. Free food, free Rita's Italian Ices (she definitely took advantage there) and good times. We're going to make it a regular thing, so the jacket is an asap thing next.
You done good!!:cheerful:

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Always great reading how our hobby can be shared with others for all types of reasons.

Truly a good deed weaponzero - as she gets older I'm sure these times are something she'll never forget (not to mention a cool experience to brag about to her friends at school).

Good on ya brother.

·
Registered
883 Posts
You're an awesome uncle. As beck mentioned, she'll never forget such worthy deeds.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, thanks guys!

She and her brother have both had it rough this past year. Her brother seems like he's found an outlet in his hockey league, but not really her, so this seems to mean a lot to her.

·
Registered
429 Posts
This is heart warming. I am recently an uncle (5 nieces and nephews in the past three years) and I am becoming more and more aware of what it means to be an uncle. She and her brother are lucky to have someone like you in their lives

·
Registered
239 Posts
Weaponzero thanks for being such a good example for all who read your post. Your action are what I consider those of a Real Man. Keep up the good work!
:color: :cool: :color:

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
If everyone puts in $50 it would be a wonderful way of making a real impact in her and her brothers lives at this critical time. :cool:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you very much, everyone! I've seen and heard cases of forum communities coming together for things, but it's always been over something seriously life threatening, or something involving someone in the hospital after a serious wreck. This seems like such a minor thing by comparison and I'm absolutely amazed that you guys would do this. Thank you!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts