Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i will start with my ride i did yesterday because my body aches from it stlll. I hope you are looking for details in these post cause i will do my best. I left my home in middletown ny went east about 30 miles crossing the hudson river to fishkill and meet some friends, where we continued south on route 9D passing thru small towns on treelined roads following the hudson river south eventually passing the Bear mountain bridge as soon as you do the road gets real!! twisty and its freshly paved. Can't wait to ride this on the 09. Continuing south past Peekskill.NY Ossining, NY Sleepy Hollow,NY ( yes the famous Sleepy Hollow is here ) meeting up with more friends in Yonkers,NY we continued south on the thruway crossing into ManHattan traveling down the west side highway then turning left to go to the heart of the city yep times square where we continued south on 7th avenue ending up around chinatown and greenwich village area where we made a Uturn and started up north on 6th avenue where we pulled over and had one of the most tastiest burgers i have ever had. The place is called A Joy Burger. After that we continued up 6th avenue and eventually crossing back over to the west side highway heading north to the George Washington Bridge headed west to route 4 up route 17 thru NJ to the New York state Thruway to route 17 west to home normally i would have taken backroads home but it was 11pm. This was a very cool ride being we all were riding can am spyders. A couple of interesting bits we were parked on a side street only a few feet from time square and we always get a crowd admiring the bikes and we had a lady take our picture and said we would appear on chinese news. While i was in the city the temperature was 77 degrees by the time i got home it was 53 and it it is only about a 65-70 miles apart.

Reactions: cjhorton

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a few pix of manhattan if you want to see them just friend me on Facebook. Roger Parliman

·
Registered
663 Posts
Wow. Having visited NYC, I'm not sure I would be up for riding a bike through there. Just a little more traffic than I'm accustomed to. Sounds like a great trip none the less. Upstate NY is awesome in October. That will make for some great autumn riding.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow. Having visited NYC, I'm not sure I would be up for riding a bike through there. Just a little more traffic than I'm accustomed to. Sounds like a great trip none the less. Upstate NY is awesome in October. That will make for some great autumn riding.
The leaves are just starting to change now and it is beautiful. If you really want to be amazed you have to ride the adirondacks the lake george region just awesome roads to ride and so beautiful all 3 riding seasons up their. If you never done Americade this would be a good reason to do so. Although i could ride the city all the time once is good enough you have to coexist with the cabbies,bikes,petty cabs, scooters,pedestrians,horses it is cool to do at least once.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts