Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
These F'n bloody ads are pissing me off. Even political ones now.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
That's impressive! 175K

Does it use any oil between changes? How often have you changed the oil? What was your break-in procedure (follow the book, dyno, something else)?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Congrats !!!

im just shy of 41,000 km or roughly 25,000 miles on my 2016 . Flawless as well here except my mode button doesn’t work anymore and since it’s flashed to stay in A mode I can’t be bothered to fix it :)

The reliability of these jap bikes is superb and even though those fancy eu bikes look great I just don’t know if I could ever give up cheap reliability

edit- just realized this post is old ... haha and wow 175k miles is insane

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
2,210 Posts
Congrats !!!

im just shy of 41,000 km or roughly 25,000 miles on my 2016 . Flawless as well here except my mode button doesn’t work anymore and since it’s flashed to stay in A mode I can’t be bothered to fix it :)

The reliability of these jap bikes is superb and even though those fancy eu bikes look great I just don’t know if I could ever give up cheap reliability

edit- just realized this post is old ... haha and wow 175k miles is insane
Reliability is the number one coolest thing for me as far as Yamaha's are concerned. I literally never worry about breaking down. I fully expect that if I follow through with maintenance that I can keep it for as long as I want it. Then you add styling and performance. Great combo.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
CW have you regularly serviced your forks? New oil etc? I'll admit that I haven't. I had what I thought was a simple leaky seal late last fall. Brought forks in during the winter for seals only to find out the chroming on the inner fork tubes was worn off and they had to be replaced. This was with about 168,000 kms.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
979 Posts
CW have you regularly serviced your forks? New oil etc? I'll admit that I haven't. I had what I thought was a simple leaky seal late last fall. Brought forks in during the winter for seals only to find out the chroming on the inner fork tubes was worn off and they had to be replaced. This was with about 168,000 kms.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
I put off servicing the forks because so many people had premature seal issues ,I figured I would just do the oil when the seals went but they lasted till about a year ago ,the guy that did mine complained that they took forever to clean but didn't say anything about chrome.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Thats 180k miles right - anything you've done beyond the standard maintanance items (oil/plugs/valve adjustment/brakes
Thats 180k miles right - anything you've done beyond the standard maintanance items (oil/plugs/valve adjustment/brakes & tires)?
The head has never been off ,the oil pan has only been off to clean out the clutch parts lol

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
1,677 Posts
I changed my oil today which isn't a milestone but if it makes it to the next change it will be View attachment 172084
So is riding you actual job somehow? I love to ride but there is no way I could put in that kind of miles and still hold a job. If you're retired then I pray that someday when I get to retire I'll feel well enough to ride the wheels off whatever motorcycle I have at that point. Good for you!

81 - 100 of 109 Posts