Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

A low priced exhaust option

4K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  MT09 Kiwi 
#1 ·
Since exhausts dont really offer any noticeable seat in the pants power gains, I tend to stick with the lower priced noise makers and put my real dollars into actual performance upgrades. HP charts with 2 hp gains are fun to look at and all though.

Thought I would share this low priced $237.00 exhaust option that I found on Ebay. LINK

Hey, since they really don't make much power anyways, how can ya go wrong for $237.00?? In case there is someone who has a limited budget but would like to drop some weight from their bike and get rid of that monstrous stock can, this might be a good option. If somebody gets one, please post a review cause my M-4 is about to blow out and I don't want to repack it.

#4 · (Edited)
spend the extra$150 and get the m4 pipe.... it looks great and sounds great...

*edit nevermind you already have an m4... i dunno then but the m4 is not much more why not repack it?

#5 ·
No thanks.

#6 ·
I mean, if you want to pay $237 for a piece of nickel plated steel tubing be my guest. I just hope you know that it probably would only cost you $50 or less to fabricate one yourself...

#12 ·
The stock exhaust is more than likely much better than that piece of junk...but if your only goal is to make noise and lose some power, then yeah, that's $237.00 well spent

Reactions: RichBaker
#13 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Alloy wheel Automotive tire

$120 USD approx, I'm happy as a pig in shit, dropped about 4kg and sounds excellent (nice deep tone and not raspy), the link pipe has given me option to fit other mufflers in the future, i.e. a nice triangular one when the cash is available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.