Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since exhausts dont really offer any noticeable seat in the pants power gains, I tend to stick with the lower priced noise makers and put my real dollars into actual performance upgrades. HP charts with 2 hp gains are fun to look at and all though.

Thought I would share this low priced $237.00 exhaust option that I found on Ebay. LINK

Hey, since they really don't make much power anyways, how can ya go wrong for $237.00?? In case there is someone who has a limited budget but would like to drop some weight from their bike and get rid of that monstrous stock can, this might be a good option. If somebody gets one, please post a review cause my M-4 is about to blow out and I don't want to repack it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
spend the extra$150 and get the m4 pipe.... it looks great and sounds great...

*edit nevermind you already have an m4... i dunno then but the m4 is not much more why not repack it?

·
Registered
610 Posts
No thanks.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I mean, if you want to pay $237 for a piece of nickel plated steel tubing be my guest. I just hope you know that it probably would only cost you $50 or less to fabricate one yourself...

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
If you're going to do that, I reckon for $50 you could get an OEM titanium can for an R6, get a link pipe made, and it'd be cheaper than that POS. And it would be a ti pipe. With appropriate yamaha road legal stamping on it.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Since exhausts dont really offer any noticeable seat in the pants power gains, I tend to stick with the lower priced noise makers and put my real dollars into actual performance upgrades. HP charts with 2 hp gains are fun to look at and all though.

Thought I would share this low priced $237.00 exhaust option that I found on Ebay. LINK

Hey, since they really don't make much power anyways, how can ya go wrong for $237.00?? In case there is someone who has a limited budget but would like to drop some weight from their bike and get rid of that monstrous stock can, this might be a good option. If somebody gets one, please post a review cause my M-4 is about to blow out and I don't want to repack it.

The stock exhaust is more than likely much better than that piece of junk...but if your only goal is to make noise and lose some power, then yeah, that's $237.00 well spent

Reactions: RichBaker

·
Registered
139 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Alloy wheel Automotive tire

$120 USD approx, I'm happy as a pig in shit, dropped about 4kg and sounds excellent (nice deep tone and not raspy), the link pipe has given me option to fit other mufflers in the future, i.e. a nice triangular one when the cash is available.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts