Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,367 Posts
After Vcyclenut flashed my ECU I not only installed the plates but I plugged the O2 sensor hole in the mid pipe and hide the wires up under the throttle bodies. With my bike you pull off the tank, remove the air box and, viola, just an engine under there! I like that because I'm an old analog kinda guy.

·
Registered
19'' MT-09 SP
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Automotive tire Tire Bottle Chainsaw Automotive design

Everything is ready, just another 500km to go and it’s on. On another note my dash froze the week before.
Was running late so had to ring it a bit, when I stopped my dash was frozen. Turned the key off and it was ok again.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Odometer Motor vehicle Speedometer

·
Registered
19'' MT-09 SP
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It's the gen 3 Mt09 front Master. I already had it installed but removed to sort out the brake lines and remade a quick reservoir bracket.
OEM Gen 1 and 2 is 15mm, the gen 3 is 17mm. Better brake feel.

·
Registered
19'' MT-09 SP
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle frame Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire

It was from a 2022 tracer9 that crashed at 1054KM, so brand new. The OEM brake line works but it's tight.
I need to work something out so that it goes on permanently.

·
Registered
270 Posts
It's the gen 3 Mt09 front Master. I already had it installed but removed to sort out the brake lines and remade a quick reservoir bracket.
OEM Gen 1 and 2 is 15mm, the gen 3 is 17mm. Better brake feel.
Thanks, been looking for a replacement to the original. Hard to find at a resonable price. The Yamaha original is quite expensive, but I guess you cant be cheap and go for no name-ones when it comes to brakes.

·
Registered
19'' MT-09 SP
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I was looking for the R1 master as many did here on the forum but prices went way up, and the cheap ones are all beat up. You can find the like mine for 90eur on the market.

·
Registered
206 Posts
View attachment 173059
Plugs arrived. The block off plates are on the way.
Motul7100 and hiflo filter inbound as well.
Many, including me have tried them.

Compare their reach to OEM and you'll see they're significantly shorter and do not extend deep enough into the combustion chamber.

Stick with the stock plugs and just change them at 8 ~ 10k miles. Now easy with the PAIR plumbing gone and just tipping forward the radiator.

·
Registered
19'' MT-09 SP
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
20000km reached this morning. Still waiting for some friends to arrive to go on a Sunday chill ride.
went to schedule the remap yesterday and a 09 was on the dyno. Eardrum piercing loud dyno runs. Next Saturday I’m up.
Automotive tire Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Fuel tank

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Wheel Automotive tire

21 - 37 of 37 Posts