Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone heard about the green wire? If you do, you know what I'm talking about!

I know, it's French. But long story short, the 09 is restricted to 100HP in France and other country in Europe. (What I got on the dyno... flat at 100 WHP)

If you look under the seat on the trip sensor, there's a green wire that do not connect to anything the sensor... no pin. What they do is pull it out of the connector and ground it. Then program the dash so the engine light on #70 is solid.

Flash= Full HP
Solid= Resricted

Well, If I knew before the dyno run I would have tried but would be nice if someone could confirm that. I did the mod and the bike run fine. I should go on the dyno maybe early next week. So the HP curve should give me a hint... but on a stock bike it would be better.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I know, it's French. But long story short, the 09 is restricted to 100HP in France and other country in Europe. (What I got on the dyno... flat at 100 WHP)
if you've got a u.s. bike i don't think you'd need to worry about the restriction. the 100hp would just be what your bike is putting out. i think one of the french reviews did dyno runs and saw that the restriction was achieved by limiting revs to 10k. if your bike revved past that on the dyno then it's not restricted.

i find the co adjust more interesting, because it could potentially give those who have snatchy throttles a way to tune it out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
On a Yamaha WR you clip the green wire to remove the electronic limiter or is it the gray wire?
Grey wire. It puts the WR into the YZ timing maps.

Reactions: DNFDOUG

·
Registered
611 Posts
Ahh Sh/t..I clipped my green wire and now the universe got messed up. Sorry, kinda drunk. lol

Reactions: v2Bob
1 - 13 of 13 Posts