Discussion Starter · #225 ·
No problem to post to NZ just search the eBay link:

MT09,MT09SP,FZ09,MT07, XRS900 ABS speedometer correction rings 2016 to 2019

·
Registered
102 Posts
No problem to post to NZ just search the eBay link:

MT09,MT09SP,FZ09,MT07, XRS900 ABS speedometer correction rings 2016 to 2019
Cheers. I also read somewhere on here you have wired in a speedo healer. Can I do that on an 18 bike? I happen to have a spare DRD unit.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
Cheers. I also read somewhere on here you have wired in a speedo healer. Can I do that on an 18 bike? I happen to have a spare DRD unit.
Yes you can but you will need to cut into the ABS wiring to fit the DRD, I did not want to cut my wiring on my 2017 & 2018 09's so I made up a different count of slots in the ABS rings & got them laser cut so they just replace the factory ABS rings to correct my over reading Speedo.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes you can but you will need to cut into the ABS wiring to fit the DRD, I did not want to cut my wiring on my 2017 & 2018 09's so I made up a different count of slots in the ABS rings & got them laser cut so they just replace the factory ABS rings to correct my over reading Speedo.
Righto, will start reading the service manual and see if i can find the wire to breach.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
Righto, will start reading the service manual and see if i can find the wire to breach.
I used the analog signal wire from the ABS pump ECU to the ECU for the signal wire for the Speedo Healer on my 2016 MT09 with ABS, I used the & White/Yellow wire at the ABS connector, I cut the wire & wired in the Speedo healer I used a SH-U01 healer, the part number of the healer harness I used was SN-V4-AB+ SH-U01, with that part number Speedo healer harness I connected the Speedo Healer White wire to the White /Yellow to ABS connector side & Green Speedo healer wire to White/Yellow loom side.

Use this guide line at your own risk but it work fine on my 2016 MT09 ABS + TCS.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I used the analog signal wire from the ABS pump ECU to the ECU for the signal wire for the Speedo Healer on my 2016 MT09 with ABS, I used the & White/Yellow wire at the ABS connector, I cut the wire & wired in the Speedo healer I used a SH-U01 healer, the part number of the healer harness I used was SN-V4-AB+ SH-U01, with that part number Speedo healer harness I connected the Speedo Healer White wire to the White /Yellow to ABS connector side & Green Speedo healer wire to White/Yellow loom side.

Use this guide line at your own risk but it work fine on my 2016 MT09 ABS + TCS.
Thanks Mate, that worked a treat. Im a Advanced riding Mentor and need my speedo spot on.

Cheers

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey @kevxtx been going through this thread and loving the mods!

I picked up a 2019 XSR900 a couple months ago, completely stock. I was talking to @vcyclenut regarding flashing, but he mentioned to talk to you since you're in Aussie also. :) I saw I can get the Lextek short full exhaust + tune for about $960AUD, but shipping would be the killer unfortunately. So thinking just a flash with stock exhaust etc.

Do you do flashes for XSR900 also? I was looking at just getting the Woolich tune done at Yamaha, but it seems quite expensive considering I've found "mail order" flashes a lot cheaper.

Reactions: kevxtx

·
Registered
2018 MT-09SP
13 Posts
Hey @kevxtx, am also interested in an ecu flash with a akra carbon to sort out snatchy throttle/fueling... could you shoot me a pm with info about it? (Havent had an ecu flash done before).
cheers

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
786 Posts
I love that you've got the parts before the bike...lol

Reactions: Screan29

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
Expensive exhaust placed on a bare concrete floor Kev ? Come on man, really ?
Haha spent the rest of the day polishing the headers an link pipe, they all seperate which make the headers easier to polish.

·
Registered
1 Posts
mybe stupid question...
but can u fit new headers of akrap mt09 2021 with old akrap underbely or old carbon....thia new one is ugly

221 - 240 of 259 Posts