Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

221 - 232 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Does somebody make the rings?, speedo error drives me nuts.
If you are in the US contact Vcyclenut, otherwise got them on eBay, search MT09,MT09SP,FZ09,MT07, XRS900 ABS speedometer correction rings 2016 to 2019

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
No problem to post to NZ just search the eBay link:

MT09,MT09SP,FZ09,MT07, XRS900 ABS speedometer correction rings 2016 to 2019

·
Registered
24 Posts
No problem to post to NZ just search the eBay link:

MT09,MT09SP,FZ09,MT07, XRS900 ABS speedometer correction rings 2016 to 2019
Cheers. I also read somewhere on here you have wired in a speedo healer. Can I do that on an 18 bike? I happen to have a spare DRD unit.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Cheers. I also read somewhere on here you have wired in a speedo healer. Can I do that on an 18 bike? I happen to have a spare DRD unit.
Yes you can but you will need to cut into the ABS wiring to fit the DRD, I did not want to cut my wiring on my 2017 & 2018 09's so I made up a different count of slots in the ABS rings & got them laser cut so they just replace the factory ABS rings to correct my over reading Speedo.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes you can but you will need to cut into the ABS wiring to fit the DRD, I did not want to cut my wiring on my 2017 & 2018 09's so I made up a different count of slots in the ABS rings & got them laser cut so they just replace the factory ABS rings to correct my over reading Speedo.
Righto, will start reading the service manual and see if i can find the wire to breach.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
Righto, will start reading the service manual and see if i can find the wire to breach.
I used the analog signal wire from the ABS pump ECU to the ECU for the signal wire for the Speedo Healer on my 2016 MT09 with ABS, I used the & White/Yellow wire at the ABS connector, I cut the wire & wired in the Speedo healer I used a SH-U01 healer, the part number of the healer harness I used was SN-V4-AB+ SH-U01, with that part number Speedo healer harness I connected the Speedo Healer White wire to the White /Yellow to ABS connector side & Green Speedo healer wire to White/Yellow loom side.

Use this guide line at your own risk but it work fine on my 2016 MT09 ABS + TCS.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I used the analog signal wire from the ABS pump ECU to the ECU for the signal wire for the Speedo Healer on my 2016 MT09 with ABS, I used the & White/Yellow wire at the ABS connector, I cut the wire & wired in the Speedo healer I used a SH-U01 healer, the part number of the healer harness I used was SN-V4-AB+ SH-U01, with that part number Speedo healer harness I connected the Speedo Healer White wire to the White /Yellow to ABS connector side & Green Speedo healer wire to White/Yellow loom side.

Use this guide line at your own risk but it work fine on my 2016 MT09 ABS + TCS.
Thanks Mate, that worked a treat. Im a Advanced riding Mentor and need my speedo spot on.

Cheers

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
No worries.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey @kevxtx been going through this thread and loving the mods!

I picked up a 2019 XSR900 a couple months ago, completely stock. I was talking to @vcyclenut regarding flashing, but he mentioned to talk to you since you're in Aussie also. :) I saw I can get the Lextek short full exhaust + tune for about $960AUD, but shipping would be the killer unfortunately. So thinking just a flash with stock exhaust etc.

Do you do flashes for XSR900 also? I was looking at just getting the Woolich tune done at Yamaha, but it seems quite expensive considering I've found "mail order" flashes a lot cheaper.

221 - 232 of 232 Posts