Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 · (Edited)
Got tied of my over reading Speedo & did not want to cut any wiring to install a Speedo healer or like device, so I came up with these a different count front & rear ABS rings there are no side affects, the new rings have corrected the Speedo by -5%, with a new tyre my over reading was +6% with a worn tyre 80% the speedo over reads by +8%, so I chose the -5% reading.

·
Registered
346 Posts
That means for the purposes of your odometer, your range per tank of fuel just dropped! :)

For me the odometer is a known element - so long as it's consistent, it doesn't really matter if it's slightly high or slightly low. It would certainly be nice if it were 100% accurate.

All the rest of us are actually racking up mileage on our odometer higher than the actual miles it's travelled...

Reactions: kevxtx

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hey Kev, did you use a kit or put together your own mount for the reservoir when you went to the R1 MC? I have the MC and brake lines, but need to get levers and something to mount the reservoir/hold mirror....and I'm eyeballing your rotor/caliper upgrades...but that would mean changing my HEL lines.....

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Long time lurker, only recently joined.
Was awesome to meet you and see this in person, this morning, mate..!
Awesome piece of machinery..!
Thanks for your help..!

Mack

·
Registered
564 Posts
Just read your entire thread and it's humbling to say the least...just wow. Sorry for the stupid question, but have you found your Chinese roller adjustable levers for the 2013-15 MT-09 to work on the 2017 model with no modification? Thanks.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
Thanks mate & that is not all of my mods on the 09, yes the roller levers fitted my 17 & 18 09's with no modifications.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 · (Edited)
simple as that !? wow

edit: connect harness and flash... !

edit2: Woolich tell me that resentments flash cannot be undone. have to send ecu to reset :(
I have flashed over a flash tune flash before with reset & Vcyclenut has done it recently unless there is an underlying problem with that pacific file type or ECU part number that I am unaware of, Woolich would be the best to comment on your ECU part number & the restraints of your part number ECU.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Woolich mail reply

Code:
Hi .........

If it has been done that recently, then chances are extremely high that it will have to go back to FTECU directly to be unlocked before it can be written with the WRT tuning software.

Regards
North America Support

·
Registered
102 Posts
Got tied of my over reading Speedo & did not want to cut any wiring to install a Speedo healer or like device, so I came up with these a different count front & rear ABS rings there are no side affects, the new rings have corrected the Speedo by -5%, with a new tyre my over reading was +6% with a worn tyre 80% the speedo over reads by +8%, so I chose the -5% reading.

Does somebody make the rings?, speedo error drives me nuts.

201 - 220 of 259 Posts