Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I just picked up a used '17 FZ09 and have noticed a bit on an issue when shifting into first from neutral... I know that clunks are normal so i am not worried when i hear a clunk, but what does concern me is that sometimes there seem to be several clunks. It will CLUNK into gear and immediately clunk again much much softer and in very rapid succession maybe 2-3 times, any ideas what this is or how to fix it??

thanks,

edit: i should also add this is the first bike i have ever owned with a slipper clutch, so i don't know if that is part of the deal or if this will mean i have a repair bill to foot...

-Mike-

·
Registered
96 Posts
Can you take a video of the sound. It helped me diagnose my transmission noise.

Does it happen every time?
How many miles?
Any crash damage?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can try to upload a video this evening after I get home from work... the bike does not make the noise every time, it has about 4k miles on it (6500km since i'm writing you from canadia,) and i suspect the bike may have gone down with a previous owner, although the damage seems to have been limited to a cracked instrument cluster (the bike was sold to me with aftermarket bars, levers, and mirrors, which along with the cracked LCD suggest to me it was dropped)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts